Re: Friday Afternoon Smoke 21 Mar 08
- From: Mouse <silvermouse@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 21 Mar 2008 21:56:13 GMT
On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:32:20 -0700, Buddy Springman wrote:
Just torched some SG Balkan Flake in the Tinsky B&T "muscular prince"
(as he described it). This tabak was a surprise. Not because it's not
a Balkan (no orientals - next to Rattray's, SG has to be the least
trustworthy describers of their wares) but because it's so damn tasty.
Many at TobaccoReviews weren't all that kind to it, so I had no great
expectations. But it's a fine marriage of VA and latakia and a true
English flake, not a crumble. Let 'em dry and fold 'em into a
Sitting in the man-cave watching the near white-out snowfall. Going to
have to hit the blower first thing (in the morning <g>).
Back to my vodka & cranberry...
Just finished a Bing's Favorite filled with Sam's Flake and moving on to
a "Quaker" pipe of MacB Navy Flake in front of the wood stove. Been
training an assistant this week and what a joy: I show her once and she
gets it and even self-quality-controls/improves. That is so rare.
- Prev by Date: Re: Friday Afternoon Smoke 21 Mar 08
- Next by Date: Re: Battery terminal cleaner as pipe reamer
- Previous by thread: Re: Friday Afternoon Smoke 21 Mar 08
- Next by thread: Re: Friday Afternoon Smoke 21 Mar 08