Re: Afternoon bowl, 11/30/07
- From: Paul Z <pzolig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:35:20 -0800 (PST)
On Nov 30, 2:11 pm, Bob Landry <psyktek.leavemeal...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Finished cleaning up a Willmer AB estate, an interesting take on the
bulldog shape. It's your basic bulldog, but no beading and all angles
and corners are softly rounded, with a freehand style push stem.
It's nice to get an estate pipe that's been well cared for. A little
reaming of a fairly heavy English/Oriental cake (from the bowl aroma),
a little hand buffing on the stem, and a very quick and easy alcohol
scrub got it ready for a bowl of Consummate Gentleman. Nice draw, good
stem to mortise match, a definite keeper.
Off to work in an hour or so. I may be creeping home in a rain/snow
mix around midnight.
Just another nice basic flake.
(and old fart in training)
International Pipe-raising Day, Feb. 20th
Afternoon Bob, asp....
Peterson Irish Oak in a Pete XL02, tea in the mug.
- Prev by Date: Re: More E-Bay Nonsense! Check Out This "Museum Piece"!
- Next by Date: Re: OT: British Sharia Law Rears its Ugly Head
- Previous by thread: Re: More E-Bay Nonsense! Check Out This "Museum Piece"!
- Next by thread: Re: Afternoon bowl, 11/30/07