Re: OT: Thoughts and prayers

Bill Burney wrote:
As a few of you know, I quit working about 19 months ago to care for my mother. She's a feisty old gal and even at 94 she's a force to be reckoned with. We found out today that the gas pains she was having overnight were actually a heart attack.

She's in ICU now, and the doctor is optimistic. We're all hoping for a full recovery, but only time will tell.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Bill "hopeful" Burney

The Olton Clan is with you and your Mom, Bill.

Bert
--
To all who have served or are serving the cause of freedom, from whatever country, whether in peace or in war, at home or abroad, thank you.

"Let's roll", Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, 09/11/01.

<http://www.canaltownanvil.com>

  • Re: OT: Thoughts and prayers
    ... Bill Burney wrote: ... She's a feisty old gal and even at 94 she's a force to be reckoned with. ... We found out today that the gas pains she was having overnight were actually a heart attack. ... We need the feisty old gals to keep the rest of us in line. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: OT: Thoughts and prayers
    ... mother. ... She's a feisty old gal and even at 94 she's a force to be ... We found out today that the gas pains she was having ... Bill "hopeful" Burney ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Pipe Shapes Poster Preview
    ... Bill Burney wrote: ... I believe the Dawes is right, the nearest thing I've found is in an old Wally Frank catalog and it was called an upside down pipe. ... Bill "have a look and let me know" Burney ... Outstanding work as always, sir. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: ASP Zippo Design Contest - the quotes
    ... Bill Burney wrote: ... Freddy Lea #2: Trischmann's Paradox (Axiom of the Pipe): A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth. ... Bill "and a result of my crappy artwork" Burney ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: To Jim Beard and others...
    ... On 01/29/2012 01:22 PM, Bill Burney wrote: ... He seems vaguely human in person, ... Seriously, Jim is gregarious, funny and interesting in person. ... Bill "except for those eyes" Burney ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)