Re: Drying out tobacco in the microwave

Allan,
I have used the microware many times on tobacco that's too damp.
Through trial and error I've learned some lessons about microwaving
tobacco. When I do microwave it I use these simple steps:
1. Place an ounce on a paper towel or paper plate
2. Put the tobacco inside the microwave and nuke it for up to 15
seconds on high if leave it stand inside the microwave for another
minute with the microwave off.
3. Check to see if it's dry enough. If it still isn't dry enough I
repeat steps 2 & 3 until you reach the desired moisture content.

I've found that this works well with cheap damp sticky aromatics and
the most I've ever repeated the steps was 4 times. The key I found is
the waiting before nunking it again or nuking it longer cause it's
really easy to over bake it and make the tobacco so dry that it turns
to dust when you touch it.

blackjack

  • Re: Was wondering...(more tobacco aging stuff)
    ... quite enough for the tobacco to get stoved. ... As for jelly jars. ... I put empty mason jars in the microwave, load them while the tins are warm ... Casey wrote ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Was wondering...(more tobacco aging stuff)
    ... They were brand new jars and brand new lids. ... Usually 45 seconds on high in microwave is quite enough for the tobacco to get stoved. ... I have only around two dozens of jars in my storage but so far only one did not pop in few hours so I had to reseal it next day. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: WOW its been a long time
    ... I guess the upside is ALL my tobacco has aged three years. ... I use a vegetable steamer, ... type) or in the microwave (Tupperware type), bringing water to boil, ... don't put the tobacco in the microwave, ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: I cannot get my tobacco to stay lit.
    ... No, cigarette tobacco would light quite easily, I should think. ... tobacco should not feel very damp in your fingers, ... it from drying out, such as propylene glycol) in it, it will not dry well. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: silica gel
    ... and also to dry it out at the end of a long day in the rain. ... the silica gel is not visible so I can't see what colour it is and ... Don't use a microwave, as you'll risk burning out the ... Turning on an empty microwave oven would damage it? ...
    (rec.photo.digital)