Re: Favorite VA Flake available in bulk?

On 9 Sep 2005 18:32:27 -0700, tbomb5653@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Monty Ivy wrote:
>> What is your favorite VA + (PER or whatever) that is available in bulk?
>> Why?
>>
>> I'm thinking of stocking up the cellar and want to consider all of the
>> available options. I would like to go the mason jar route for aging
>> them. I currently have a few pounds of Peter Stockkebye Luxury Navy
>> Flake doing the Van Winkle....
>>
>> Scott, I liked Sting in Dune too! Do you have your still-suit on?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Monty
>
> Va/per is easy if you factor in price. 2015 from McC without a doubt.
> A bit pricier but still good value are either Esoterica's Dorchester or
> Dunbar.
>
> In straight Va's McC has 5100 (heck most all the McC Va bulks are
> deecent) and Rattrays have some good ones; Hal o' the Wynd, Brown
> Clunee, Old Gowrie and Marlin Flake.
>
> Espcially let the MCC blends age for at least 3 to 6 months.

Most of those you listed are not flakes...

But most are damned good tobaccoes. ;-)

As soon as this box of Dark Flake is gone, I am going to open a jar of 5100
with perique from a year ago. Never had the stuff aged before, so it
should be a treat.

--
Joseph M. LaVigne
jlavigne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Scientists are complaining that the new Dinosaur movie shows dinosaurs with
lemurs, who didn't evolve for another million years. They're afraid the
movie will give kids a mistaken impression. What about the fact that the
dinosaurs are singing and dancing?
--Jay Leno

  • Re: Favorite VA Flake available in bulk?
    ... Monty Ivy wrote: ... > What is your favorite VA + that is available in bulk? ... In straight Va's McC has 5100 (heck most all the McC Va bulks are ... Old Gowrie and Marlin Flake. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Favorite VA Flake available in bulk?
    ... Monty Ivy wrote: ... > What is your favorite VA + that is available in bulk? ... > I'm thinking of stocking up the cellar and want to consider all of the ... It's hard to beat Sam Gawith Full Va Flake for a straight Virginia. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Looking for affordable VA VA/PER recommendations or samples
    ... but my growing enjoyment of McC 2015 ... These aren't flakes, so you're spared some issues with rubbing out, pipe choice, and length of smoke. ... Both are pure tobacco - no flavorings, sweeteners or scents. ... 2015 is a lodestar tobacco and is hard to top in bulk availability. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Full Virginia Flake?
    ... Is FVF available in bulk? ... pounds aging in mason jars. ... G & H dark flake unscented is like dark birdseye as a flake or for the ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Tobacco Cellar Bailout Plan
    ... Virginia Flake, Squadron Leader, Best Brown Flake, 1792 Flake, Haddo's ... In working out what to put in my tobacco cellar, ... bulk quantity units. ... calculated quantities round to zero quantities and so are not listed. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)