Anyone tried the Shuriken Cigar Cutter?

Has anyone tried the Shuriken cigar "cutter"? I bought one a while back out of sheer morbid curiosity. When it work, it give your cigar an awesome draw. I've only had one good smoke on it though. More times than not I've found that I can't draw on the cigar at all and end up having to snip then end leaving me with flaps of cap all over the place. Also, it you have a tendancy to chew or bite the end of your cigar you'll split the cap and connect two of more of the slit and end up with the same mess. It's an interesting cutter, but more a novelty than a tried and true "Can't miss".

If there's anyone in San Jose interested in trying it out, let me know.

http://www.amazon.com/Shuriken-Composite-composite-cigar-cutter/dp/B006RJWLW8/ref=cm_pdp_rev_itm_img_3

TheMooch

  • Re: Cutter use
    ... double-bladed guillotine (although mine didn't come from his ... was just the way that "made sense" to me when I first used a cutter. ... I place the cutter shallow over the head of the cigar, ... blades of the guillotine against the cap, ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Difference in Cigar Cutters
    ... > I had been using an $8 guillotine cutter that seemed just fine. ... I just like the feel of a Xicar, although my daily cutter is a 2-blade ... then rotate the cigar so that what I end up doing ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Review - H. Upmann Monarchs
    ... You might also consider a test draw ... Snip just below the cap ... Draw air into lungs through cigar ... while they are routing around in your humidor. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Cutter use
    ... double-bladed guillotine ... the way that "made sense" to me when I first used a cutter. ... I place the cutter shallow over the head of the cigar, ... of the guillotine against the cap, ...