Re: Some of 'em do

Justin C <justin.1205@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2012-05-01, Bart Goddard <goddardbe@xxxxxxxxxxxx> quoted someone as saying:
"Smokers die early..."

Some of 'em do. My best friend of thirty years
standing, a BOTL all the time I've known him, is
waning. The pulled muscle in his shoulder wouldn't go
away, and after he was eventually persuaded to visit
a doctor (he works in a hospital yet he can't be
persuaded to see a doctor?) he was diagnosed with
lung cancer. It's also in his chest wall, his ribs,
and it's got to his brain too - luckily we're seeing
no personality alterations, at least not yet.

He's not expected to see his 46th birthday in July.

He will leave a 38 year old widow, a son of ten and a
daughter of 3. My wife is pressuring me to give it
up. I'm not sure I can sidestep her request this
time.

Justin.

I'm very sorry to hear this, Justin.

Sincerest condolences to you, his other friends and his family.

  • Re: MEDICAL DRIVING RESTRICTIONS
    ... seizure, and you're -not- on any kind of anti-convulsive? ... and no one knows you better than yourself, my friend. ... why in hell are you sticking with this doctor? ... I'll bet a patient. ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: Update on me, my family, + quilty shopping
    ... Turns out he had a heart attack and had been having angina attacks for weeks. ... He was released from hospital on Christmas day. ... Doctor says it might be mono ... Blending a low cholesterol diet and a diabetic diet worried me but my friend has helped me make good choices at the grocery store and told me of other things for future purchases. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: Lost Another
    ... of a friend they really are to make you feel like you do. ... say this guy was the advanced advanced laprascopic surgeon, ... had changed in some way or something else in your life. ... Isn't it a wonderful thing having a doctor that you can and in your ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Transgender Stories - Love Hurts - Chapter 3 The End
    ... The doctor said. ... Nick sighed from relief but then cried because she ... *Next store Lance Bass wakes up in his band mate Justin ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: an addendum....
    ... > too much MSG at the chinese food place. ... >> doctor said that's ok, we shouldn't drop the pressure too fast, be patient. ... >> Obviously my friend is very concerned. ... a good chance all will gang up (along with the blood pressure). ...
    (sci.med.cardiology)