Sir Herbert

"Thank heaven, I have given up smoking again!... God! I feel fit. Homicidal,
but fit. A different man. Irritable, moody, depressed, rude, nervy, perhaps;
but the lungs are fine." ~Sir Alan Patrick Herbert, (September 24, 1890 -
November 11, 1971) was an English humorist, novelist, playwright and law
reform activist.

  • Quote :-)
    ... Homicidal, but fit. ... Irritable, moody, depressed, rude, nervy, perhaps; but the lungs are fine." ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Future UK Census Releases
    ... "Name at birth " column in the Censuses? ... many people don't know precisely where they were born. ... It's an exceedingly old realisation that mankind does not fit any preconceived notion of what mankind 'ought' to fit. ... Then stay out of a nonsense thread, Mr moody Moody. ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: Donald P.Moody
    ... how to fit the information into my screen. ... Just a couple of points in a friendly way before people start getting snippy..... ... Sometimes you will not have received recent posts but the ones containing the same info as this one were sent more than 24 hrs ago so you should have them ... ... then you started a thread 'Don Moody' and now you have started 'Re Donald P Moody'. ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: Singapore - Such treatment for an ill man?
    ... Not rude, just a frank assessment. ... which you avoid replying to.- Hide quoted text - ... Anything that does not fit his mental construct becomes a 'lie fail' ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: England RWC squad
    ... I'd keep Easter, Shaw, Sharples and Moody if they're fit. ... Hape and Monye out please. ...
    (rec.sport.rugby.union)