Review: Bonacquisti Cigar

It was posted about a week ago that a new Nicaraguan cigar had hit the
market, the Bonacquisti. I ordered a box of the robustos. After
smoking 5 of the cigars I can post a review.

The cigar is a beautiful Colorado maduro wrapper. Rolled in the
Plasencia factory in Esteli, Nicaragua, the Bonacquisti cigar has an
aged Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper, Habano binder, Dominican and
Nicaraguan fillers, and Panamanian and Nicaraguan Ligero fillers. This
is a double Ligero blend. The cigar is well packed but drawable and
all smoked without “tunneling.”

The company claims this cigar is full bodied, starting out medium in
strength. I found no change in the strength profile as the cigar
maintained a medium body present during the entire cigar. The flavors
are not deep Nicaraguan but a smoother, less citrusy than a puro
Nicaraguan. I smoked a Liga Privada T52 after several Bonacquistis
and found the T52 much deeper in flavor, mild citrus complexity and
full bodied. This is the flavor profile I look forward to in a
Nicaraguan smoke. The Bonacquisti is a sweeter, milder, smoother
tasting cigar compared to a puro Nicaraguan line.

I might consider buying more of the line as there is enough flavor for
me. However, I wouldn’t consider it an after-a-big-meal kind of
treat.

I will conduct more experiments with the line along with several
libations...I have a single barrel Laphroig (from The Scotch Malt
Whiskey Society) just for the occasion tonight. Yum.

Have a great weekend ASCers....

  • Review: Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970 Churchill
    ... Nicaragua remained fuller in flavor but lacked ... Interestingly, Honduran tobacco remained ... Nicaraguan puros out there that just miss the mark either in the full ... this cigar probably comes closest ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: AD: Bonacquisti Cigar line has finally arrived.....
    ... market, the Bonacquisti. ... The cigar is a beautiful Colorado maduro wrapper. ... Nicaraguan fillers, and Panamanian and Nicaraguan Ligero fillers. ... This is the flavor profile I look forward to in a ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Illusion Cigars
    ... Tatuaje's (Nicaraguan smoke which I've come to buy as a daily Cuban ... draw was magnificent but every cigar in the box "peeled" in my mouth ... an Illusion Churchill and a La Gloria Churchill. ... mixed/short filler. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Review - Padron Londres
    ... is that the naturals require a year+ to become anything I enjoy...and ... CIGAR: Padron Londres ... WRAPPER: Nicaraguan ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Review: Alec Bradley Prensada
    ... There mus be a high amount of ligero as the flavor is full bodied. ... far the best full-flavored cigar in the Bradley line IMHO. ... In a blind test I would've thought the cigar puro Nicaraguan, ... the Alec Bradley Prensada line, particularly, the toro size. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)