Re: [OT] Occupy Wall Street?
- From: "Tom S." <tmswork@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 23:54:01 -0700
"Ray" <chigaray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 08:12:00 -0700, Miss Elaine Eos
Some of you may know that I typically stay fairly ignorant of current
events. However, a friend can't seem to stop mentioning the protests
in New York (and elsewhere), which I understand is known as operation
"Occupy Wall Street."
I did a little Googling, and all I can find are he-said/she-said,
gossip and the like -- nothing about the actual protest, itself -- just
the circus end of things.
My faith in humanity (cough cough ;) wants to believe that there is
some point other than "stick it to The Man", but I'm not able to find
* What are the protesters' grievances?
How dare you make money from capitalism?
I.e., from working.
* What remedies do they seek?
All the money you made from capitalism.
I half suspect that my conservative friends don't have much nice to say
about it -- I mean, Michael Moore is involved, for cripes sake! ;)
But I'm looking for legitimate answers to those two questions -- maybe
Carbon, Alex or one of the other more Left among us can present that
Insert "Holy Grail" scene here.
- Prev by Date: Re: [OT] Occupy Wall Street?
- Next by Date: Re: Change you can BELIEVE in....
- Previous by thread: Re: [OT] Occupy Wall Street?
- Next by thread: Re: [OT] Occupy Wall Street?