Re: Guess who's running (again for President?)

Carbon <nobrac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 11:24:33 -0700, Miss Elaine Eos wrote:
On 2011-04-10 10:44:38 -0700, Mickey <Mickey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
said:
Carbon <nobrac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Disagree? Fine. Please provide evidence that tax cuts have increased
total tax revenue for any tax year between 1980 to the present.

BTW, now it's your turn. I have provided examples as evidence.

Your challenge is to show one example, just one, throughout all of
human history, of a society taxing itself into prosperity.

I'll wait. ;-)

You're not going to limit him to the past 30 years? Man, that's
generous of you! ;)

Again, I'm trying to zero in on this laugher curve you guys think so
highly of. What have been the effects of tax cuts on overall tax
revenue, and the deficit, since supply-side economics became the
prevailing economic theory for the Republican party?

Laffer, not laugher. Named after Arthur Laffer.

Did Reagan increase or decrease tax revenues and the deficit during his
two terms?

He doubled revenues.

How about Bush I?

How about Clinton?

How about Bush II?

  • Re: Democracy the US Way
    ... Bush II won handily, ... Tax Revenue ... income taxes paid by those with $200,000 incomes and above has risen to ... climbed by 79% after the reduction in the tax rate from 20% to 15%. ...
    (soc.culture.china)
  • Re: Guess whos running (again for President?)
    ... On page 30 there is a table Receipts by Source showing total tax ... Reagan cut taxes and ran deficits of about 200 billion per year. ... Clinton raised taxes and was running surpluses by the end of his ... meaning that lowering taxes would increase total tax revenue. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: If you voted for the Democrats..
    ... spending, there are so many specifics that he either really blatanly ... taxes" seems like little kids stuff in comparison. ... When you make a promise like "No New Taxes", it's broken as soon as you add new tax - when you make a promise like "I'm going to eliminate taxes for seniors", he presumably has until the end of his reign to do it, right? ... Your argument about "increased tax revenue" is the work of skilled propagandist, ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: OT~Wisdom from a Another Republican
    ... decrease spending until the debt is paid off and we are interest free. ... to raise taxes, and talk about cutting spending at some time down the ... When Calvin Coolidge reduced taxes during a major depression in the early '20s, tax revenue went up. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Which camera for nude photography?
    ... > Bush is out to benefit the elite. ... e.g. clinton thinks tax cuts decrease tax revenue, ... bush thinks tax cuts increase tax revenue. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)