Re: Best comment from Judge Vinson's decision

Carbon <nobrac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:4d4cc011$0$7973
$9a6e19ea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Compare a highway map of Alberta to Texas to get an idea.

I used to live in Alberta. I know it well. It would not be easy nor
would it make sense to put a clinic within 10 miles of everyone in
Alberta. A large percentage of the population is in Calgary and
Edmonton. You'd have dozens, if not hundreds, of clinics serving two or
three people.

Good. Now get out those maps and think this through. (And note that
this "superior" Canadian health care essentially blows off all
those people living north of Edmonton. Maybe it's OK for you to
ignore the 3 people living north of Highway 2, but doing the
equivalent in Texas would be to ignore millions of people.)

--
Cheerfully resisting change since 1959.
.