Re: Best comment from Judge Vinson's decision

Carbon <nobrac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:4d4cc011$0$7973
$9a6e19ea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Compare a highway map of Alberta to Texas to get an idea.

I used to live in Alberta. I know it well. It would not be easy nor
would it make sense to put a clinic within 10 miles of everyone in
Alberta. A large percentage of the population is in Calgary and
Edmonton. You'd have dozens, if not hundreds, of clinics serving two or
three people.

Good. Now get out those maps and think this through. (And note that
this "superior" Canadian health care essentially blows off all
those people living north of Edmonton. Maybe it's OK for you to
ignore the 3 people living north of Highway 2, but doing the
equivalent in Texas would be to ignore millions of people.)

--
Cheerfully resisting change since 1959.

  • Re: worst refineries pollution in North America
    ... Thank You for your interest in Edmonton and Calgary. ... The only two politicians in Canada to have back up the war in Irak are ... Most Americans who voted for Bush would feel somehow good in Alberta ... especially in Edmonton where corporations are Gods. ...
    (rec.travel.usa-canada)
  • Re: Democracy march takes over Hong Kong streets
    ... Edmonton, the capital city of Alberta, is well known for its scenic ... Canada) we have top class pro sports teams (Edmonton Oilers -hockey, ...
    (soc.culture.china)
  • Re: Alberta , price of fuel $6 U.S. a gallon
    ... Edmonton news,Edmonton news....people from all over Canada flocking to ... live in Alberta for jobs averaging $12 an hour where the social life is ... The price of fuel has just reach over $6 U.S. a gallon and their is no ... Still the canuks are buying houses at record prices like if Alberta is ...
    (rec.travel.usa-canada)
  • Re: Love Is Hell
    ... Edmonton, Alberta (the leftiest city in the most conservative province). ... be counted as a red or a blue state? ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Best comment from Judge Vinsons decision
    ... (Alberta is close to 50 times bigger). ... Alberta is nearly as big as Texas. ... It would be easy to put a clinic within 10 miles of everyone in ... You'd have dozens, if not hundreds, of clinics serving two or ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)