Re: OT: Castro vs. Ahmadinejad

Miss Elaine Eos <misc@*Your-pants*PlayNaked.com> wrote in news:i8bbns$o2g$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

I made no claim that Jesus said anything ORIGINAL; my claim was that
Jesus told people how to live their lives, in direct contradiction to
YOUR claim that Jesus did NOT tell people how to live their lives.

And that's what I'm speaking against. Find and example of
Jesus telling someone how to live his life. As I've said
three times now, when Jesus cites the law, He's not telling
you "how to live your life", but telling you "you haven't
and can't live your life in such a way as to save yourself."

Jesus' use of the law is to drive you to the Gospel. He's
very clear about this.

--
Cheerfully resisting change since 1959.

  • =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=28IV=C1N=29=3A_ANCIENT_ISRAEL_HAD_TO_RESURRECT_IN_THREE_DA?= =?ISO-8859&
    ... heavenly Father is the God of the living on earth and in heaven, ... For Him everybody lives. ... within your life, but only through the wonderful and glorious living ... wonderful and glorious Holy Spirit of the tree of life, our Lord Jesus ...
    (soc.culture.catalan)
  • Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS
    ... infested place he lives in as he is dependant on others to move his ... the warnings of God seem extras or unnecessary. ... >> warnings of Jesus. ... agony beyond these realms of earthly life. ...
    (soc.culture.thai)
  • Re: 7 Reasons to Read the Glorious Quran
    ... insurance which failed to cover the costs of countless ruined lives by ... I know that makes me like Jesus, ... the sky, or an after life. ... Maybe you want to fix the world by ridding it of religion. ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)
  • Re: I was wrong... (guns carried by police in Austin)
    ... (assuming you were not particularly endangering your own life ... Should a law abiding citizen NOT fear being on the wrong side of the law? ... > even though you might save a number of innocent lives by your action. ...
    (misc.fitness.weights)
  • Re: He is risen
    ... On the other hand, if you're not motivated enough to actually carry out any action, then you can't be as handicapped by the law as you say you are... ... I can give you examples based on my own community and life, but they would be relatively meaningless to somebody who lives in another state, or another country. ... A simple example of how I personally feel restricted: It's against the law to carry any sort of weapon in my state. ...
    (rec.arts.drwho)