Re: Advice sought from Men of the World

On 2010-08-09 12:46:46 -0700, Buck Turgidson <deppitybob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
I don't agree with [Ayn Rand's] philosophy in any way I can think of.

Out of curiosity, can you name a single thing that she states as her philosophy with which you disagree?

As a counter example, I will now present a few of the very basic tenets of Randian philosophy with which I'm pretty sure you agree:

* "A is A."
* "Existence exists."
* What exists simply exists, regardless of anyone's awareness, knowledge or opinion.

(Hmmm, you might disagree with that last one. How that's possible, I can't fathom, but I can imagine that you might try to argue it.)

So there you go -- there are several points of Rand's philosophy with which you agree! With which do you disagree?

--
Please remove your pants if you want to send me e-mail.
Lots of good cigar info, the ASC Birthday page, FAQs, vendors and more at

  • Re: [OT] Those whacky Libertarians...
    ... Medicare fraud, Social ... philosophy of "if you're law abiding, it shouldn't be a problem" is ... Lots of good cigar info, the ASC Birthday page, FAQs, vendors and more at ... A "great" review is one with the name of the cigar before the review text ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • OT: everything is philosophy.
    ... For the longest time, I thought everything was math, but it turns out that everything is philosophy. ... Mouseover text: "Wikipedia trivia: if you take any article, click on the first link in the article text not in parentheses or italics, and then repeat, you will eventually end up at Philosophy." ... Lots of good cigar info, the ASC Birthday page, FAQs, vendors and more at ... A "great" review is one with the name of the cigar before the review text in the body of the post. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Advice sought from Men of the World
    ... On 8/14/2010 2:50 PM, Buck Turgidson wrote: ... philosophy with which you disagree? ... I'm asking if there's a tenet of objectivism with which you disagree. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: OT: everything is philosophy.
    ... that everything is philosophy. ... the first link in the article text not in parentheses or italics, ... Lots of good cigar info, the ASC Birthday page, FAQs, vendors and more at ... A "great" review is one with the name of the cigar before the review ...