Re: Smoke one for Capt. Phil Harris
- From: "trogdor" <notme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 22:42:26 -0500
"Paul M. Cook" <pmcook@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:hl7h78$b16$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Bruce Watson" <anon3c67@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1266075839.307818@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIn article <Dq2dnXeyfI6xEu7WnZ2dnUVZ_hOdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Tom S. <tmswork@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Capt Phil Harris dies of stroke at 53.
For those of you who watch "Deadliest Catch" you're familiar with Capt
Phil Harris of the ship, 'Time Bandit'.
A gutsy and most capable crab boat skipper in the most hazardous
occupation on the most dangerous waters.
and so what kills him?
Phil Harris captained the Cornelia Marie, not the Time Bandit. That boat is operated by the brothers Hillstrand. Furthermore they are not ships, they are boats. Ships are designated by their displacement, that being more than 500 tons.
The Typhoon weight at ~33,800tons displacement and it is a boat.
fishing vessels of any size are called boats as are vessels on the great lakes such as
the edmund fitzgerald.
- Prev by Date: Re: OT: What Repubs believe, Jan. 2010 poll
- Next by Date: Re: roll call
- Previous by thread: Re: Smoke one for Capt. Phil Harris
- Next by thread: Re: Smoke one for Capt. Phil Harris