Re: Feds push for tracking cell phones

"Alex W" <ingilt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:yf67kd1ks65k$.b0rychg6e6cl$.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 10:24:30 -0700, Tom S. wrote:

They told me if I didn't vote for Barack Obama, then federal authorities
wouldn't need a warrant to track my every move through my cell phone ---
and they were right!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10451518-38.html

"In that case, the Obama administration has argued that warrantless
tracking is permitted because Americans enjoy no "reasonable expectation
of privacy" in their--or at least their cell phones'--whereabouts. U.S.
Department of Justice lawyers say that "a customer's Fourth Amendment
rights are not violated when the phone company reveals to the government
its own records" that show where a mobile device placed and received
calls. "

Easy solution: switch off your cellphone when you are not
actively using it. I go for a week or more without
recharging my phone, and while it is off no government can
track my movements. At least that way...

Such outrage. And nary a peep from Tommy when Bush suggested the same exact
thing.

  • Re: Feds push for tracking cell phones
    ... wouldn't need a warrant to track my every move through my cell phone --- ... rights are not violated when the phone company reveals to the government ... Oh, well, that'd take a half ounce of brain power and all Paul has is irrational shilling agenda. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Feds push for tracking cell phones
    ... wouldn't need a warrant to track my every move through my cell phone --- ... the Obama administration has argued that warrantless ... rights are not violated when the phone company reveals to the government ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Attention: Lib Blackberry Users
    ... from your BlackBerry and cell phone? ... Obama administration supports this monitoring without a warrant. ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: Feds push for tracking cell phones
    ... wouldn't need a warrant to track my every move through my cell ... the Obama administration has argued that warrantless ... and while it is off no government can ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Feds push for tracking cell phones
    ... On 2/12/2010 10:34 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote: ... wouldn't need a warrant to track my every move through my cell phone --- ... rights are not violated when the phone company reveals to the government ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)