Re: OT: Republican Obstruction
- From: "Paul M. Cook" <pmcook@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 09:31:40 -0800
"JJ" <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Tom S. wrote:
"Mr. Bush has reacted by railing against Democrats for obstruction ---
as if Democrats are duty-bound to breathe life into his agenda and, even
sillier, as if opposing a plan that the people do not want is an
illegitimate tactic for an opposition party. " -- NY Times Editorial,
June 23, 2005
The legislation was Social Security reform....you know, that non-problem?
Ah, but he wanted to force people to put it in the banker's hands to
forestall the derivatives crash.
Of all the annuities funds, only one stayed solvent during the crash. That
would be Social Security.
Democrats did not obstruct to any kind of degree like we see now. Proof is
in the pudding. One just needs to look at all the major legislation they
passed and see the dem votes. I am not aware of one piece of major
legislation that got 0 dem votes. Not one. And the repugs went all
reconciliation and recess appointment crazy on the dem's ass. So to compare
the two situations is just ludicrous. Especially when you consider the
repugs are blocking legislation they previously supported.
- Prev by Date: Re: OT: MoveOn - just breathing is like smoking a pack a day!
- Next by Date: Re: OT: Republican Obstruction
- Previous by thread: Re: OT: Republican Obstruction
- Next by thread: Re: OT: Republican Obstruction