Re: I hope it's true

Paul M. Cook wrote:
"Alex W." <ingilt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1i8br456qcc65$.zwcwwz77rn5c.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 11:20:06 -0800, Paul M. Cook wrote:

It was a hell of a lot better before he was governor. His next plan is to
strip employees of their pensions. Nice guy.

You were in the shitter well before Arnie entered stage left.
The credit crunch only highlighted the insane way CA is run.

I live here. We were in bad shapoe but nothing at all like now. Under Arnoie the budget woes grew 5 times. And this was *before* September of 08.

By 2015, Californian unfunded liability for public-sector
workers' pensions will exceed $100 billion. You run a deficit of
$6 billion this year, rising to $14 billion next year -- that's
more than your entire expenditure on prisons and higher education
combined. At the same time, you need a two-thirds majority in
both houses to pass a budget or to raise a tax, and over three
quarters of the budget is ring-fenced by initiatives. So
basically, it's your own fault so stop blaming the politicans.

Don't know where you get your info from but Cal PERS is in the black by 100 billion. Cal PERS is one of the best run plans in the nation if not the best. They had barely any exposure to the sub prime fiasco for example. Ditto the State nurse's union fund. Arnie tried no less than THREE times to raid those pensions. He wanted to take 20% from each and cut state contribution by that much as well. He was quoted as saying that Califoirnia workers have it too good. A fact. Our deficit this year is going to top 24 billion, not 14 billion. This year!

You are right about the rest(Prop 13) but you do not know how badly Arnie gets along with the legislators which has a major impact on getting things done. He tanned them completely and tried to pass his ideas by popular vote and failed every single time. He tried to remove the legislators from the whole problem and that compounded it greatly long before the crash of 08 cut state revenues. He is openly hostile to workers and unions and he has halted progress on budgets because he will not bend an inch and in doing so allowed one year's problem to spill over to the next. He still has not signed the draconian budget cutrs of last year. STILL! That is a major reason we are going to be even deeper iojn the red *this year* than last year.

Arnie has been a complete failure as governor and knifing public workers in the back has not helped the problem one little bit. Trust me, I know, both of my sisters are state scientists and have been put through the ringer these last 6 years.

Paul

Your sister's problems are probably due to the lone fact that they share your genes.

And, your understanding of your state's politics remains truly dismal.

  • Re: I hope its true
    ... You were in the shitter well before Arnie entered stage left. ... Under Arnoie the budget woes grew 5 times. ... workers' pensions will exceed $100 billion. ... He tried to remove the legislators from the whole problem and that compounded it greatly long before the crash of 08 cut state revenues. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: I hope its true
    ... You were in the shitter well before Arnie entered stage left. ... Arnoie the budget woes grew 5 times. ... workers' pensions will exceed $100 billion. ... cut state contribution by that much as well. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: I hope its true
    ... You were in the shitter well before Arnie entered stage left. ... Under Arnoie the budget woes grew 5 times. ... workers' pensions will exceed $100 billion. ... was quoted as saying that Califoirnia workers have it too good. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: I hope its true
    ... You were in the shitter well before Arnie entered stage left. ... Under Arnoie the budget woes grew 5 times. ... workers' pensions will exceed $100 billion. ... He was quoted as saying that Califoirnia workers have it too good. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: I hope its true
    ... You were in the shitter well before Arnie entered stage left. ... Arnoie the budget woes grew 5 times. ... workers' pensions will exceed $100 billion. ... saying that Califoirnia workers have it too good. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)