Re: Tobacconist University
- From: "tycho" <this@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 17:17:00 -0600
"JJ" <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
You guys are welcome to come this way any time, or we can revisit theGot you, ours is quite inexpensive for the quality of beer. Yes they
aborted trip to Cigar King.
occasionally have the $10/pint stuff, but most of them are priced in the
$4-6 range and a burger a two good brews comes out around $17.
I wish. The burger was $8; the fries $2, the beer $5. $15 before tax and
tip; $19 after. (Shaking head).
I couldn't even have had 2 pints, no fries, and stiffed the (cute!) barmaid
for your $17. :-)
Mind you, this is atypical. There are plenty other places with great beer
lists and cheaper eats about. I used to live a few blocks North of the
Goose Island brewery (no longer a micro-brew pub), and lunch at the bar
there was always a treat. Now I'm 16 blocks away, and it isn't as
convenient (and, I am slimmer to boot). I couldn't complain about the
quality of the beers on offer at this Burger Bar that I'm describing; they
were all top-notch. I'll just eat before hand next time. :-)
- Prev by Date: Re: OT: Nice summary of the present
- Next by Date: Re: OT: Nice summary of the present
- Previous by thread: Re: Tobacconist University
- Next by thread: Re: Tobacconist University