Re: Excellent speech on NY gay marriage bill

In article <_8xUm.66915$de6.3378@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Tony <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This does raise a question....

Article I Section 9 of the constitution states "no Person holding
any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the
Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument,
Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince or
foreign State."

The Nobel Peace Prize comes with $1,400,000 in cash -- defnitely
an emolument in my book. If he accepts the money, is he breaking
the law?

He hasn't worried about the law up to this point, and besides, what do
you think the chances of Eric Holder prosecuting him?

Like I've said before...the previous administration tortured people in
violation of the Geneva Conventions, wiretapped domestic phone calls and
gathered domestic e-mails without warrants, suspended habeas corpus,
paid journalists to write favorable articles about them here and abroad,
planted journalists in White House press briefings to ask softball
questions, arrested people at rallies for wearing protest T-shirts,
required rally attendees to sign loyalty oaths...and your tits are in a
knot over Obama accepting an award? Your priorities are SEVERELY messed
up.

  • Re: Excellent speech on NY gay marriage bill
    ... Article I Section 9 of the constitution states "no Person holding ... He hasn't worried about the law up to this point, and besides, what do you think the chances of Eric Holder prosecuting him? ... Like I've said before...the previous administration tortured people in violation of the Geneva Conventions, wiretapped domestic phone calls and gathered domestic e-mails without warrants, suspended habeas corpus, paid journalists to write favorable articles about them here and abroad, planted journalists in White House press briefings to ask softball questions, arrested people at rallies for wearing protest T-shirts, required rally attendees to sign loyalty oaths...and your tits are in a knot over Obama accepting an award? ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Excellent speech on NY gay marriage bill
    ... Tony wrote: ... Article I Section 9 of the constitution states "no Person holding ... paid journalists to write favorable articles about them here and abroad, ... Bush administration, as if after Jan. 20, 2009, they had nothing to ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: To Ray OHara
    ... where there is no federal law. ... but if there is a fed law it overrules any ... The US Constitution states the shit that the Imperial federal ...
    (alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots)