Re: Newbie Saying Hello

In article <1gubgi8g01fvn.alas4uygrzf$.dlg@xxxxxxxxxx>, Alex W. wrote:
On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 22:06:20 +0000, Justin C wrote:

In article <4t2bh5lo2h1vgcu76qrv8khpu4ag61auh4@xxxxxxx>, PacMan wrote:
On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 17:53:25 +0000, Justin C
<justin.0911@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> saw fit to burden us with:

[..]
Where abouts are you, from which county do you hail, in which town are
you domiciled... that's three times I've asked, are you being rude?
Perhaps I pry, I'm sorry...

Sussex, beloved home of one of my heroes, Rudyard Kipling.

Jeebus! That's not far from here.... Sussex (see .sig for clue).

Not much of a clue, Justin.
In case you hadn't noticed, we're on an island (doubly so if
you're in Cockermouth or Tewkesbury).
:-)

No, not much of a clue, but Sussex isn't that small (east and west
combined), there's only a very narrow strip of it that's actually
adjacent to the sea at any one time. I suppose that, should PacMan be
"at the other end" of Sussex then it's quite possible he's actually
nearer you than I.

Maybe we can narrow down his location by asking which is his nearest
brewery? Shepherd Neame would put him more in my neck of the woods.
Harveys would make him a little further west. Dark Star would put him
toward the Surrey border. There's a nice list of 'em here
<URL:http://www.brightoncamra.org.uk/Breweries.html> (Shepherd Neame is
not shown because, of course, they're in Kent, but they have many tenant
landlords around here).

So PacMan, whose beer do they sell in your local?!

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

  • Re: Skippy Sycophants
    ... In article, Hoges in WA wrote: ... Justin C, by the sea. ... about waist high and it had its name "Sussex by the ... Sea" stuck in the render in seashells. ...
    (rec.boats.cruising)
  • Re: Newbie Saying Hello
    ... Sussex, beloved home of one of my heroes, Rudyard Kipling. ... Shepherd Neame would put him more in my neck of the woods. ... Do I smell the potential for a Shepherd neame pub crawl? ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Newbie Saying Hello
    ... Sussex, beloved home of one of my heroes, Rudyard Kipling. ... Shepherd Neame would put him more in my neck of the woods. ... Do I smell the potential for a Shepherd neame pub crawl? ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Accident at at Sizewell B nuclear reactor?
    ... If people really are being evacuated from a 100km circle around the Sussex ... coast, and a) none of them have got a word out, and b) none of the people ... Justin C, by the sea. ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)