Re: Just another example

"CigarBaron" <garbaron67j@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:3966b635-855d-4b09-bb96-75f67c01254d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Dec 1, 10:50 pm, "Paul M. Cook" <pmc...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
" Why doesn't it register to you that
if we accepted taxation to pay for universal medical coverage, people
would
actually have more money to spend because it would be so much cheaper than
what they pay now? That's a fact and has been supported by numerous cost
studies. BTW, the Canadian health care system was modeled after our own
Medicare. And I dispute that overall the Canadians pay more in taxes
"overall". I do believe we hold that honor. Sometimes you spend money, to
save

Universal health coverage is not the same as a government sponsored
health plan, i.e. socialized medicine. And socialized medicine saves
money by rationing care. Period. BTW, they don' have the medical-
legal problems we do. You want to save money? Ration care and add
tort reform...two things our present government refuses to address.
CigarBaron

We've discussed this before and we've agreed privatized plans ration too as
wll as set lifetime limits on care. Sometimes they ration to the point of
cutting people off for cancer therapy for not reporting a case of acne 8
years ago. They call that "rescission."

  • Re: Just another example
    ... if we accepted taxation to pay for universal medical coverage, ... Sometimes you spend money, ... money by rationing care. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Just another example
    ... if we accepted taxation to pay for universal medical coverage, ... Sometimes you spend money, to ... money by rationing care. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Just another example
    ... if we accepted taxation to pay for universal medical coverage, ... Sometimes you spend money, ... money by rationing care. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Just another example
    ... if we accepted taxation to pay for universal medical coverage, ... money by rationing care. ...