Re: Just another example

In both cases, we have "same company, same product" but
different prices because of local market and laws.

Right. But nobody ever died because they could not afford a toothbrush or a
textbook espcially one made in their own neighborhood and sold cheaper in
somebody else's half-way around the world. And if you are claiming Canada
is a poor country, well they are plenty rich. Mostly because they don't
have to pay the highest prices in the world out of pure love of predatory
capitalism. It's kind of like cigars, Bart. Do you want the best or do you
want the most expensive? The two are not always the same. But we live in a
country where paying the most for the least is considered a privilege.

  • Re: Part-time residency to own guns in Arizona - Is it feasible?
    ... I can't even afford to buy a house here... ... and my only hope to own some real estate is to buy out of state, ... am afraid that If I wait too long, prices will be driven up and I ... Some science ficton gun ...
    (rec.guns)
  • Re: Katrina And Eeeevvvvvillll Big Business
    ... credit cards) buy what they can afford, and the two are not always the same. ... very happy with what they purchase from stores like Wal-Mart, ... > What will they pay for? ... > prices those can/will charge. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: OT: It Really Could Be Worse...
    ... Because everyone is dumping their property and renting as an alternative, the stock of available rental units is low and their prices are through the roof. ... I can't afford to buy this house out of foreclosure because the first loan amount is outrageous and there were more loans put on it after that. ... displaced renters are the pig in the middle. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: OT: It Really Could Be Worse...
    ... I'm looking at 50 - 100% higher rent prices than I ... I can't afford to buy this house out of foreclosure because the first ... displaced renters are the pig in the middle. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)