Re: Just another example

"Bart Goddard" <goddardbe@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Xns9CD4A07E24DADgoddardbenetscapenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Paul M. Cook" <pmcook@xxxxxxx> wrote in
news:hf42ic$o7r$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

And if you are claiming Canada
is a poor country, well they are plenty rich. Mostly because they
don't have to pay the highest prices in the world out of pure love of
predatory capitalism.

I claimed nothing. I related two true stories which I think
are relevant. You make your own deductions. BTW, my
Canadian friends are all in a 50% or higher income tax
bracket (besides the Gouge-and-Screw Tax.) What do you
suppose they're buying with those hefty tax payments?

If you add up all the taxes we pay, not just income, we are easily *over*
50%. Probably closer to 65%. And what do we get for it? At least your
Canadian friends can tell you. I too have a few Canadian friends, and they
simply do not complain all that much, a little, yes, about their taxes or
their NHI. They like what they have.

  • Re: Herman Cain ad
    ... The poor carry virtually NO burden other than the taxes ... the US public receive more than what they pay in federally. ... Are those taxes on wages, utilities, sales all imaginary? ... How about that unemployment tax for the poor who ...
    (rec.music.artists.kiss)
  • Re: Herman Cain ad
    ... The poor carry virtually NO burden other than the taxes ... the US public receive more than what they pay in federally. ... Are those taxes on wages, utilities, sales all imaginary? ... How about that unemployment tax for the poor who ...
    (rec.music.artists.kiss)
  • Re: OT - A little about tariffs
    ... During election years tax collectors are pulled off the street. ... Because the rich did not pay their taxes and the politicians voted ... The top 5% pay over 50% of all income ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Fairtax: how does this math work out?
    ... As> I understand it, they want to get rid of the income tax altogether, and> raise the sales tax on items to 23%. ... They argue that low income, medium income, and high> income families will all benefit from lower taxation, while the> government will be able to increase the revenue it brings in from> taxation. ... If he doesn't pay that income tax, but instead goes broke by spending every single penny of that 30 million in the economy, he would still end up contributing 5.3 million dollars less to the government than he would under the income tax system. ... The answer is that it would appear that the wealthy would pay less than they do now in taxes. ...
    (misc.taxes)
  • Re: OT: Ron Paul 2012! Hooray!!!
    ... of their pay in taxes. ... taxes as the 49% of people who do pay federal income tax. ... It came from a tax expert named David Cay Johnson. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)