Re: New post: I apologize.
- From: CigarBaron <garbaron67j@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 04:28:07 -0700 (PDT)
On May 1, 7:24 am, CigarBaron <garbaron...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Again, welcome. You might want to try Montesino by Fuente...a mild
entry into the "real" cigar world. And again, I look forward to your
Also, here's another oldie newbie goodie somewhat dated:
ASC Acronym Questions
Welcome to ASC! The following ASC 101 is meant to help you through
the first hurdle.
1. ASC - alt.smokers.cigars. Greatest usenet cigar group
2. Book: a thing usually made from paper/cardboard with pages that
one can read about a subject. A newbie should read (reading = a lost
art) one of these pertaining to cigars before asking things like: how
do I light a cigar, etc. etc.
3. CA - Cigar Aficionado
4. Cello - slang for cellophane: leave on or off: your
5. Cutter - which is the best cutter/cut? Straight, V, or Punch
6. Crawl - when a group gets together and visits various cigar
stores, bars, and restaurants: make sure you go to one and bring
7. Dog Rocket - a very bad cigar: see Havana Gold for reference IMHO.
8. FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions w/answers: cigargroup.com
or cigarnexus.com are two real good ones.
9. Herf - slang for cigar smoking; also means to get
together with friends and smoke cigars; usually follows a
crawl: bring cigars
10. Igloodor - a food cooler/ice chest that is being used to store
cigars in. Good for herfs since you can give away dog rockets from
the bottom of the Igloodor.
11. ISOM - "island south of Miami" meaning Cuban, for those
without enough heuvos to say “Cuban”.
12. JtN®©: see “Mooch”
13. Mooch: see Jim the Newbie for details. See 15a: OOY
14. NADA - "not affiliated with" disclaimer (as if we really
thought you owned JR Tobacco)
15. Newbie - someone who just recently "joined" ASC and why this
was posted. We hope you stay and contribute.
Newbie Pack - mythical pack of cigars sent to Newbies by
15 a.: OOY: “one of yours”…the best mooched cigar.
16. PG - propylene glycol and no, it is not poison.
17. Shaman- elected spiritual leader of ASC (our uncontested Shaman
is Bernie Torvik. Ironic that Bernie is also ASC’s greatest
comedian). He doesn’t do buses though.
18. Troll - someone who posts only to cause trouble (newbies
are usually suspected as being trolls until they send ASC veterans
19. Tupperdor - any plastic food container used to store cigars in.
20. Hutched - touched by an angel and blessed with cigars.
- Prev by Date: Re: New post: I apologize.
- Next by Date: Re: Wow. Just wow.
- Previous by thread: Re: New post: I apologize.
- Next by thread: Re: New post: I apologize.