Re: Why Capt. Phillips Did Not thank Hussein Obama

On Apr 30, 1:37�am, "mary a." <marya...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

DOH! �When did we all become such a bunch of wusses (or pussies/
skeeter <g>) My neighbors are more aggressive than this and they're
just fighting over dog noise .

Mary (watching out for gunnies in the yard)-

Replying to myself (yah, strange) .... I'm happy to be a semi-wuss,
if necessary (applying for a CC Permit), but the lack of outrage over
this piracy still amazes me. At least the Italian Cruise line had the
guts to hire Israeli guards for their ships! We need more "for hire
guns" on ships - ones who will fire.

I'm in favor of bombing the "pirate nests" - don't tell me that
they're just teenagers - you use guns - you becoma an instant adult!
They tried that here in Detroit ... yah, send a 13 yr old out to kill
your enemy so he gets tried as a kid ... no way anymore!

  • Re: Hitler view on Pearl Harbour
    ... worse in the final combat with Bismarck and the RN ships ... It looks to me more like an advantage to Renown. ... 11 inch guns had the same fusing problems the 15 inch guns ... six to ten USN battleships, which is a lot of resources. ...
    (soc.history.war.world-war-ii)
  • Re: Hitler view on Pearl Harbour
    ... which is rather disappointing for ships intended for ... but the US battleships were not in a shape to deal ... 14" guns in most of its ships, but 11" is way on the light side. ... for long periods of time by armed merchant cruisers. ...
    (soc.history.war.world-war-ii)
  • Re: Hitler view on Pearl Harbour
    ... It was important for smaller guns. ... class ships over a given time. ... But the Baltimores could engage ... the my cruiser is bigger than your cruiser and therefore more ...
    (soc.history.war.world-war-ii)
  • Re: WWII weapons concepts that have vanished
    ... noisy ship with radar, CIWS, Harpoon, and Tomahawk missiles. ... was resurrected as a lumbering battlewagon with guns only. ... Stealth features in ships, or improvements in radar that have occured ... Sure, for anything over 5" in the modern day, because of the leaps ...
    (soc.history.war.world-war-ii)
  • Re: Yamato the Ultimate Battleship
    ... were crappy ships. ... other smaller guns, and so on. ... anti surface and tertiary anti air batteries. ... Japanese GFCS lagged far behind the MK37 ...
    (sci.military.naval)