Re: [OT]Obama Endorses Bush's E-Spying on U.S. Citizens

On 2009-04-21, Mickey <Mickey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Joe <joe_nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2009-04-21, Paul M. Cook <pmcook@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Of course he can't.

Fact of the matter is this: Nearly everyone in this group thought it
was wrong when Bush did it. The left pushed Obama as a guy that would
change all of that. He's not. He's making it worse.

Obama is no different than Bush, besides being Black and being able to
spend even more of our money (who'd have thunk THAT was possible?)

We have a model of how NOT to fix these problems at that is Hoover in 1929.
And tat is exactly what the repugs claim will fix everything now. And If
you are so confident, you show me some posts reflecting the outrage of the
loss of civil liberties. As I remember it, it was all shut up or you're a
traitor. Aid and comfort to the enemy. Sedition. Treason. Enemy of the
republic. The rhetoric was out of control.

That's the good stuff. I do understand how shame causes people to create
false realities as a form of denial so they don't have to admit to ugly
truths.

Sorry, Sparky, you made the claim, you back it up. I can guarantee
that you can not find a post from ME supporting either Patriot act. I
can also say the same about Misc, and probably Mickey.

AAMOF, you can find one from me from 2004 right here:

http://tinyurl.com/d4ym6f

or

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.smokers.cigars/browse_thread/thread/38b6da844605f68d/bbc1c837112c747f?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=#bbc1c837112c747f

If you follow the thread a little ways down, you'll find similar
commentary from Joe.

Blech... Facts in an ASC discussion... What were you thinking?

--
Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
joe at hits - buffalo dot com

  • Re: Olympics to Rio
    ... the Yabbut Bush thing comes up when behavior the right wing ... We know who leaked the McChrystal report, ... Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733 ... joe at hits - buffalo dot com ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: [OT]Obama Endorses Bushs E-Spying on U.S. Citizens
    ... The left pushed Obama as a guy that would ... Obama is no different than Bush, besides being Black and being able to ... Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733 ... joe at hits - buffalo dot com ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Olympics to Rio
    ... the Yabbut Bush thing comes up when behavior the right wing ... remotely similar happens under Obama. ... Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733 ... joe at hits - buffalo dot com ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Theyll pooh-pooh it
    ... Bush I is ancient history. ... Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733 ... joe at hits - buffalo dot com ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • George W. Bush showed up on TV Friday morning to reassure the nation. What could possibly be worse?
    ... Everybody knows that anything our president says is very likely wrong, ... So hearts sunk throughout the nation when Bush appeared at a Chamber ... it probably started with nominating Joe ... collapse needs most is tax cuts for the rich and an end to Senate ...
    (soc.retirement)