- From: SkeeterZX225@xxxxxxx
- Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:30:41 -0700 (PDT)
On Apr 14, 1:39�pm, "Low Life #3" <holden_mcthy...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
last year I was doing some online research on tobacco, and correct me if I'm
wrong, but when the Spaniards (in South, Central and North America) and the
English in North America showed up they discovered the natives to be smoking
tobacco... Cut to the chase.. There was a tobacco native to the west Indies
that became very popular, and it was quickly planted in the various colonies
of the various European countries, and not only was it a big hit in London,
Paris, and Seville, it quickly became popular with the aborigines of the
Western Hemisphere to the extent that many of the original, local, tobacco
types have all but vanished.
- From: Low Life #3
- Prev by Date: Re: Smoked a cigar today...
- Next by Date: Re: Smoked a cigar today...
- Previous by thread: Tobacco
- Next by thread: Re: Tobacco