Re: Newsreader transition.

"Misc" <google@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
All you boneheads who have me killfiled will have to add this address
to the list, too. Sorry, it wasn't intentional -- my provider finally
stopped providing ASC, so I have to switch to Google-Groups until I
find a decent (by which I mean "free" ;) replacement.

I use/used this one for years:

http://news.datemas.de/

It works just fine, and it's free. And you can use it through a newsreader
and not one of those totally crapy browser interfaces (like Google). I only
switched because my ISP (Earthlink) trashed their in-house usenet facility
and offers Supernews instead.

Michael
New Orleans, Louisiana USA fermanis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Newsreader transition.
    ... stopped providing ASC, so I have to switch to Google-Groups until I ... find a decent replacement. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Newsreader transition.
    ... so I have to switch to Google-Groups until I ... find a decent replacement. ... joe at hits - buffalo dot com ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Maccies get hoisted on their own petard!
    ... >> many Windows users would prefer to have and are generally prepared to ... >> e.g. Decent Battery life, decent version of Windows, half decent amount ... > So the low end and mid-range Macs are Apple's 'Bait and Switch' ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: NFS v4 and pNFS
    ... switch manufactures these days rely on UDP ... TCP can present considerable burden and decent TCP offload Etherent ... cards arent exactly growing on trees AFAIK. ...
    (comp.protocols.nfs)
  • Re: Defining a command that defines others in turn and expandafter
    ... I seldom use google-groups for posting to usenet ... TeX' reading- and tokenizing apparatus will usually ... insert a character-token whose character-code equals the ... switch to state N. ...
    (comp.text.tex)