Cheap cigars that I like
- From: Bart Goddard <goddardbe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 11 Oct 2008 16:07:29 GMT
1. The Plascenias that come in the class tubes (Longfellows?)
I've tried other Plascenias, and these are a cut above.
Silky smooth wrapper, medium body, and a nice smoke, although
it gets harsh at the end, so I never nub them.
2. A. Allones.
I've tried only two or these sizes, but was darned happy
with each. The remind me of JR Ultimates (of course).
Med-full bodied, earthy and woody. The only "flaw" is that
the wrapper seems a little loose at the cap, so after I
snip it, it wants to unravel. But saliva pretty much
takes care of that.
3. Gurkha Signature "Gold". Better than the other Gurkhas.
I'm perfectly happy with most Gurkhas (as long as I can get
them on sale) but this one made me blink. "Hey, this is
a much better cigar than the other Gurkhas and costs the same!"
Nice mellow blend, med-full.
4. Sol Cubano Sumatra. I don't like "sweet" cigars, but this
has a very mild sweetness on the wrapper that I really like.
A big feature of all the above is that they've all drawn
easily and there've been no burn/construction problems. None
of them needed to be subjected to the Draw Poker (don't you
hate to hear a cigar scream?)
I'd recommend any of the above for all those people who want
to post "what are good cheap cigars" but are afraid of the
afficianados flaming them like a diesel soaked Swisher Sweet.
Cheerfully resisting change since 1959.
- Prev by Date: Re: Baron Air rides again
- Next by Date: Re: for those who missed Francois in the earlier days of ASC (and neil ross)
- Previous by thread: Baron Air rides again
- Next by thread: Re: Cheap cigars that I like