Re: OT: Palin officially nominated as VP candidate

"alt.smokers.cigars" <dhannes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"Paul M. Cook" <pmcook@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

"Paul M. Cook" <pmcook@xxxxxxx> wrote:

In a long night of republican speakers ranging from Mitt Romney to
Rudy
Guilani, the GOP Convention tonight officially named Sarah Palin
as the
next
VP of the United States.

Paul, you need to loosen your tie a little bit. You're sounding
oxygen
starved. Again.

Oh yeah? The latest revision of that piece will be on national
radio.

Nyah!

Paul

If that's actually true, congratulations!

Not the first time. You'd have heard me before it your tender
republican
ears could handle progressive radio. It's no big deal they just read
emails
from their oh so clever listeners. I am thinking it will springboard
into
the Presidency in 2012. I'll have real experience in politics by
then -
highly qualified.

Paul

More than the Obamanation (All Praise and Worship unto Him!), at
least. ;-)

By the standard they define "executive experience" Palin has more than
McSame. More than Bush. More than Biden. More than Reagan. More
than Lincoln who they compared themselves to last night.

Paul

Paul,

If you are so confident of Obama's leadership and ability to win, so
sure that McCain is one step from the grave, so sure that his VP pick
was the worst blunder of all time - why all the histrionics? You are
more worked up than you and Ivler were during the previous two elections
combined.

If you spent time here you'd know. Tradition. I rattle these guys
something fierce and they love every minute of it. I am actually quite
appalled that this very cynical choice has been foisted upon us. And the
more you find about this nutcase and things like her 20 years membership
in a dominionist church, her scandals, and her blatantly falsified
political record and then they tell us that the mayor of moose jaw is
somehow viable because she wrote the checks for a city of 49
employees -you feel pretty damned angry that the GOP has sunk so low that
they have set new standards for pandering and cynicism. This country
deserves and needs so much better. If McCain had chose Kay Bailey
Hutchison - I just may have believed he meant something of what he says.

I never aid Obama was a shoe-in either.

Paul

I agree--Hutchinson would have been a far better pick. So would Susan
Collins from Maine, but she would not have been the magnet to get
contributions from the far right as Hutchinson or Palin would seem to be.

From day 1 if they get in, Palin will be packed into a box and put away in a
closet. She will have absolutely no duties at all and will probably wish
the job came up to the level of a bucket of warm piss. It is when McCain
gets sick or possibly dies that we're going to have a end-times dominionist
with 0 experience in foreign affairs in a world where nuane and strategy is
everything.

4 time melanoma survivor - above the neck melanoma. Brain cancer is almost
always what comes next. He is not a healthy looking man, either . So gray
and haggard looking.

  • Re: 6 things the Palin pick says about McCain
    ... On the McCain Report, Michael Goldfarb writes that Sarah Palin "has ... When this campaign started, one of my biggest questions about Barack ... President is, after all, the head of a very large organization, and he ...
    (misc.news.internet.discuss)
  • Re: NBC: Palin cant be interviewed unless shes shown "respect and deference"
    ... Gibson has already misrepresented Palin's record on earmarks. ... He let several McCain lies go unchallenged during a Sept. 3 interview: ... Sarah Palin, later this week. ... Obama "has never taken on the special interests in his party on a major issue ...
    (rec.music.artists.springsteen)
  • Re: Palin Rules!
    ... It was a quiet Friday morning in Baghdad, and President John McCain ... Vice President Palin was on the phone with her next-to-youngest? ... policy rat-hole while our homeland economy goes down the drain! ...
    (misc.news.internet.discuss)
  • Re: palin makes jews in florida vote for obama
    ... Governor is now viewed as a serious liability to the McCain campaign. ... Palin is, additionally, costing McCain newspaper endorsements. ... In Florida, where McCain had led - sometimes by relatively strong ... the Jewish vote, which makes up five percent of the electorate, 4-1. ...
    (soc.culture.filipino)
  • Re: McCain n Palin Ticket!!!!!!!!
    ... A strongly Republican state, it was on the verge of a major ... Sarah Palin was a product of that system until she was defeated in her ... fingered a Republican party chief Randy Ruedrich, a fellow commissioner, ... McCain would evidently like some of that slick move to rub off on ...
    (soc.retirement)