Re: Melitta espresso machine

trogdor wrote:

maybe something like this http://coffeegeek.com/reviews/drip/chemex_drip_device

I use a lot of fresh ground and sometime home roast coffee and have found that the small espresso machines make a fantastic cup of coffee if you do not use them for espresso.
I fill the carafe all the way and use about a third of the amount I would use for espresso and I get a full range coffee that does not trigger your peristaltic reflex.
In fact, that sound really good right now.

JJ

  • Re: Aero Press coffee maker
    ... Coffee and Espresso Maker - The Story Behind The Flavor ... The AEROPRESS? ... brew because of the shorter brewing time. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • sitting in a field part...
    ... I have photographs of her sitting with a coffee in one hand, ... Yesterday I served a table of Italian ladies, who said the espresso was just like at home. ... The canopy is a great help - good cover from the sun, greater visibility from a distance etc. Can't stand making toasties in a trailer that is already over 34 degrees. ... Why don't you ask me a serious question about electrical safety wrt a generator, like do you have an earth spike. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Moka pot vs. espresso machine?
    ... Espresso machines make coffee at high pressure using a pump to ... Many people around here would say that what a moka pot makes is not espresso ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Restaurants in Rome
    ... Espresso coffee requires as much technology and taste as fine wine. ... Nespresso has combined simple-to-use espresso machines with clever ... roasted coffee beans are first ground and then placed in water. ...
    (rec.travel.europe)
  • Re: convincing the authorities: definition of "espresso"
    ... >>> ground coffee. ... >>> apparently make enough espresso to know what they're talking about. ... > through the grounds, not steam. ... If espresso machines which use steam are marketed as ...
    (alt.usage.english)