Re: ARE WE A NATION OF WHINERS?

Paul M. Cook wrote:
"Winston Castro" <at7000@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:48814498.1136204187@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080719/ap_on_el_pr/mccain_gramm

Believe it or not, I agree with Phil. We are "a nation of whiners." As
well as self-apointed nannies of one sort or another, and rather
self-absorbed as a culture in general.

The part I don't agree with is him stating the economic downtown is
not real. That part was indeed fairly stupid.

In any case, my career was tanked during the boom times of the last
couple of years, and as of two months ago, I landed a very good job.
As did my wife, in the same week as I did.

So I take the doom and gloom with a grain of salt. All of this housing
market/real-estate mess is actually great for me, as we are renting
now, and plan on buying a small house or a condo soon.

Whiners? Hell no. Myself, I am looking forward to a long period of struggle, hardship, denial and loss due to yet another massive scam, this time of biblical proportions, foisted on us by the people who really own this country (Phil Gramm being their most loyal servant.) Thanks to them and their government complicit swindles we can be assured this country won't be seeing such hair brained ideas like affordable education, health care, good jobs or hope for the future. I will take delight in knowing their assets will be fully protected at my expense while I eat cold beans in a dark kitchen because I can't afford the $1000.00 a month it takes to run a light bulb or turn on the stove. But hey, it's all just me and my laziness, so they tell me.

What's to whine about? Suck it up, bend over and drop 'em. It's just the beginning, this mess has only just started. Learn to like it because it is going to be a long haul. But take heart, plutocracy just simplifies things in then end, no more complex choices to make like where you'll send your kids to college. There won't be any!

Paul

You're a glass half empty guy aren't you ;-)

  • Re: Go Cons Go!!
    ... You attack us, and your country automatically becomes a smoking hole in the ground that glows in the dark. ... This means you have enough nukes to destroy multiple enemies many times over as a deterrent to their attacking you. ... This, however, doesn't work with Islamist madmen who would give up their lives and their country if they could take out Israel. ... Pope John Paul II had a hand in it also by ramping up the pressure from within with regard to the people in satellite states. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • =?windows-1252?Q?Why_is_Ron_Paul=92s_Foreign_Policy_not_given_More_Co?= =?windows-1252?Q?nsi
    ... is best for the country. ... there is the view that terrorists will plan to kill ... On the other side, that which Paul advocates, is that the reason ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: Tips Determining a Strays Breed
    ... Paul wrote: ... > the equator in South America. ... The African country some of you might be ... >> Air Canada recently did that, for no good reason that I can see. ...
    (rec.pets.dogs.breeds)
  • Re: al-Zarqaw dead
    ... This is a crock and you know it, Paul. ... The country never had "democratic control" in it's 5 thousand year history. ... You think Exxon wants to see oil prices come down? ... The people we are fighting in Iraq are barbarians. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: More Deaths Blamed on Bush
    ... died in the Kosovo war. ... Genocide was being practiced out there and they recovered bodies from many dozens of mass graves after it was over. ... Actually, Paul, I disagreed with President Bush's reasons for invading Iraq. ... The mission became winning the war, helping the Iraqi people gain self-determination, secure their own country and get out. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)