Re: => Trucking Smokers will just have to Suck It! <=

Marc Schneiderman <garbaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

On Fri, 30 May 2008 22:09:14 -0400, "Douglas W. \"Popeye\" Frederick"
<Popeye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The risk of death from cigar smoking approaches that of cigarette smoking

I think the risk of death is still 100%.
CigarBaron

Also note that "approaches" implies that the risk is moving. I'd
sure like to see a study that says that the risk is getting worse.

(Or could it just possibly be that this is another nancy-contrived
fact...just possibly?)

B.

--
Cheerfully resisting change since 1959.

  • Re: Trust Fund Beneficiary
    ... On 18/06/2013 22:24, David Woolley wrote: ... which implies that you can take ... you are expected to make a risk decision based on the ... acceptable risk level. ...
    (uk.finance)
  • Re: "Equality" for cant-cope-wont-cope feminist wusses
    ... >>> Yes, children gestate children ALONE. ... >> They don't get pregnant by themselves, and they don't run off to be ... death rates and occupational death rates, so I did a little checking. ... Black women and older women face higher risk during pregnancy than men ...
    (soc.men)
  • Re: Statins again.
    ... event or death) using a risk score such as the Framingham score, ... the amount of cholesterol lowering achieved. ... percent greater risk of death over 10 years compared to a placebo.33 ... reduction in LDL levels, some had a moderate fall in LDL and some had ...
    (sci.med.cardiology)
  • Statin disabling Adverse Effects put patient AND spouse at risk
    ... An important new study done by the Harvard Medical School and published in ... the New England Journal of medicine has identified and quantified some risk ... every waking minute to being a champion for my spouse, ... than the 17% increased risk of our death upon the death of a spouse. ...
    (sci.med.cardiology)
  • Re: i wonder if this applies to surfing the net
    ... of television is linked with an 18% greater risk of dying from ... viewing's effect on risk of death. ... cardiovascular disease were not included. ... "What we showed was that irrespective of a person's exercise ...
    (soc.retirement)