Re: Turning closet into humidor?

On May 19, 9:59 am, "Brian Scott" <bscott...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Has anyone ever heard of or attempted to turn a walk-in closet into a
humidor? Does it need to be lined in cedar? Because that would make it
cost prohibitive. Can one just leave the sheetrock and weather-strip the
entry door?

Any thoughts???

Well since your asking for thoughts...

I would think that if doing it correctly would be cost prohibitive
that you most likely would not be able to actually afford the cigars
to fill it either so why bother doing anything at all other than just
a 100qt cooler?

Seriously to say doing it the way it should be done is cost
prohibitive is basically saying you care more about the cost, which in
the long run is really quite cheap in comparison to what you will be
putting in the new humidor than actually caring about your cigars and
if you dont care about taking care of your cigars than why go to the
bother of the conversion in the first place, just leave them on a
shelf in the garage instead.

JtN ©2008

  • Humidor in need of your help.
    ... Now, I am at a loss, the humidor is going to be most efficient if it has ... My reasoning is thus: cigars have volume, ... cigars that are of the greatest pleasure to smoke. ... seen posts I have made in the past lamenting the level of taxation, ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: 200 piccolos!
    ... you're in a hurry and toss some cigars ... > into the humidor without inspecting or freezing them first, ... > discover later that they're infested with tobacco beetles. ... both cartons were infested with tobacco ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: New to the Cigar Lifestyle
    ... PC or smaller sized cigars. ... distilled water--other type water causes mildue. ... But if maintaining only one humidor, ... The other nit is that distilled water is primarily used to ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Humidor shopping
    ... humidor shopping and due to my location, ... I'm looking for something that will hold a couple of boxes of cigars, has an excellent hygrometer and humidy control, looks nice and is lockable. ... It's sold under a gazillion different names by as many vendors, but the gist of it is: they say it's a 300 count humidor, it's well made, it locks, it looks nice. ... The problem with most humidors is that they ship with a $1.50 analog, and so analogs get a bad rep for being cheap, poorly made and not being accurate. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Humidor in need of your help.