Re: Cello on or off?

In article
<207ae334-8fea-4de7-bda5-3f836c2f00a9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
JtN© <jim_the_Newbie@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The vacuum that sucked the air out would also suck the humidity out is
what he is attempting to tell you but what I would like to hear him
explain is if the cigar itself was properly humidified at the time of
vacuum sealing the box did the vacuuming also suck all the moisture of
the cigars and the box or just out of the air?

Out of he cigars.

Science you can [almost] do at home:

* Moisten a sponge or paper towel to the point of "pretty darned damp."
* Put it in a bell jar.
* Pump out as much air as your little vacuum pump is capable of pumping.
* Wait 5 minutes.
* Release the valve, letting the air back in.
* Inspect the sponge/paper-towel.

NOTE that you will find it quite dry.

--
Please take off your pants or I won't read your e-mail.
I will not, no matter how "good" the deal, patronise any business which sends

  • Re: That D-Day anniversary smoke
    ... minis, cigarillos, clubs and puritos) very 1/2 dozen draws or ... "lastingness" of my cigars. ... Yes, but the air is, at that point, "minty fresh"... ... unsolicited commercial e-mail or that advertises in discussion newsgroups. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Cello on or off?
    ... Cristobal La Punta I discovered that my cigars had developed the most ... Inspecting the other boxes, it turns out ... There is no air for the humidity to escape into -- ... The vacuum that sucked the air out would also suck the humidity out is ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Cello on or off?
    ... would not keep cigars that way for any length of time. ... except that the vacuum process removed all the ... happens right BEFORE the sealing. ... unsolicited commercial e-mail or that advertises in discussion newsgroups. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: lcigar care: leave cigars in tubes/tubos in humidor or not?
    ... for cigars. ... Even then there should be air movement, ... both of my humidors have excellent seals and are air tight. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: [OT]Obama Endorses Bushs E-Spying on U.S. Citizens
    ... and/or discarding, but never anything even remotely approaching "huh. ... I'll send you a 5 pack of my favorite cigars as a ... or so posts denouncing it, and either claim to remember or apologizing ... unsolicited commercial e-mail or that advertises in discussion newsgroups. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)