Cello on or off?

No, seriously!

A while back I purchased several boxes of cigars which the vendor kindly
vacuum-packed for me (they had to last a week in the boot of the car). On
my return home, I simply put the boxes into the cabinet as they were,
without removing the plastic, and forgot about them.

Yesterday, though, upon removing the vacuum-wrap from a dress box of San
Cristobal La Punta I discovered that my cigars had developed the most
amazing box press and had turned into rectangulares with an edge so sharp
you could use it as a ruler. Inspecting the other boxes, it turns out that
the vendor's machine is so powerful that it had sucked the air from *inside*
the boxes, causing the lid to bow and squash the cigars.

On the whole, I am not displeased. It's a bit quirky to have box-pressed
Cubans...

Now my question: can anyone think of a reason why I should remove the cello
from my other boxes if it does not harm the draw?

Supplementary question: how badly will vacuum-packing affect the aging?

  • Re: Cello on or off?
    ... A while back I purchased several boxes of cigars which the vendor kindly ... Yesterday, though, upon removing the vacuum-wrap from a dress box of San ... There is no air for the humidity to escape into -- ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • NEW LIST OF DISCOUNTED CIGARS FROM MELVIN FELDMAN
    ... and just found alot of high end cigars full hand made boxes, ... Mail with Delivery Confirmation at $6.95 and each extra box of Cigars ... YOUR COST IS $64.00 A BOX AND THERE ARE 3 BOXES AND A TRUE BARGAIN ... THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC AND YOUR PRICE IS $99.00 FOR 50 HAND MADE'S ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • AD DISCOUNTED BOXES OF CIGARS VINTAGE AND DEEP DISCOUNT FROM MEL FELDMAN
    ... and just found alot of high end cigars full hand made boxes, ... Mail with Delivery Confirmation at $6.95 and each extra box of Cigars ... YOUR COST IS $64.00 A BOX AND THERE ARE 3 BOXES AND A TRUE BARGAIN ... THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC AND YOUR PRICE IS $99.00 FOR 50 HAND MADE'S ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Cello on or off?
    ... A while back I purchased several boxes of cigars which the vendor kindly ... Yesterday, though, upon removing the vacuum-wrap from a dress box of San ... unsolicited commercial e-mail or that advertises in discussion newsgroups. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Cello on or off?
    ... A while back I purchased several boxes of cigars which the vendor kindly ... Yesterday, though, upon removing the vacuum-wrap from a dress box of San ... how badly will vacuum-packing affect the aging? ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)