Re: tax question for accountants

"Miss Elaine Eos" <Misc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Misc-A95D4A.14014103052008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In article <D94Tj.111$tM1.24@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Tom S." <t.m.s.work@xxxxxxx> wrote:

"Marc Schneiderman" <garbaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:qqko14lpdco0fprtdh6b8cpr8bfg5fvvch@xxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 02 May 2008 07:44:41 -0700, Miss Elaine Eos
<Misc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

One of your options is "well, Mr. Auditor, that's all very nice that
you
think that, but I think you're wrong, and I'm taking the deduction."

It's more like: we're not going to allow it and you owe us another
$40,000.

Yes, the IRS has that last word (and many of the first, second and middle
words as well).

Actually, there was a recent decision (2000? around there, somewhere)
that, in the event of a disagreement, the onus is on the IRS to
demonstrate where the law/tax-code has been violated. Prior to that
time, while "innocent until proven guilty" was a fine concept, the IRS
had largely run amok bullying people.

Judge: "What proof do you have that this deduction is not legitimate?"

IRS Agent: "Your honor, we said so!"

Judge: (Turning to defendant) GUILTY!

  • Re: tax question for accountants
    ... middle words as well). ... IRS to demonstrate where the law/tax-code has been violated. ... while "innocent until proven guilty" was a fine ... Judge: GUILTY! ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: FAIR TAX TRIAL?
    ... Congress' constitutional authority for the Federal income tax is article 4, section 3, clause 2. ... Do you think that they consciously give the edge to the government because they come under the thumb of IRS control in personal matters? ... "When this court found that the Internal Revenue agents had violated the law and directed that the improperly seized records were to be returned, the agents were, to say the least, not happy. ... And a judge who knows the score is aware that every time his decisions offend the Internal Revenue Service, he is inviting a close inspection of his own returns. ...
    (misc.taxes)
  • FAIR TAX TRIAL?
    ... FAIR TAX TRIAL? ... government because they come under the thumb of IRS control in personal ... Let's start by taking a look at what Judge Wyzanski said in Lord v. Kelley, ... adjustment on the federal judges. ...
    (misc.taxes)
  • Re: Woman Sues IRS Over Denial of Tax Deduction for Sex Change Operation
    ... Does the IRS allow the deduction when surgery is done to separate ... and you were taking medication and getting treatment and ...
    (alt.true-crime)