Re: tax question for accountants

In article <W94Tj.112$tM1.95@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Tom S." <t.m.s.work@xxxxxxx> wrote:

"Miss Elaine Eos" <Misc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Misc-A7F991.08101203052008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In article <qqko14lpdco0fprtdh6b8cpr8bfg5fvvch@xxxxxxx>,
Marc Schneiderman <garbaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, 02 May 2008 07:44:41 -0700, Miss Elaine Eos
<Misc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

One of your options is "well, Mr. Auditor, that's all very nice that you
think that, but I think you're wrong, and I'm taking the deduction."

It's more like: we're not going to allow it and you owe us another
$40,000.
CigarBaron

To auditor: "You are mistaken." ;)

Like the auditor gives a shit?

Auditors are just guys doing a job. Just like you; just like me. They
don't arrest people, they don't have authority to take your money. All
they do is talk over your paperwork with you, then discuss the outcome
with the IRS.

If you honestly reported to the IRS in the first place, then honestly
relating why you're going to stick with your original filing doesn't
change anything.

Auditor: I'm of the opinion that this isn't a proper deduction.
Taxpayer: I'm of the opinion that it is.

Don't be afraid, just because the guy wears a tie...

--
Please take off your pants or I won't read your e-mail.
I will not, no matter how "good" the deal, patronise any business which sends

  • Re: tax question for accountants
    ... Ummm...they ARE part of the IRS. ... Auditor: I'm of the opinion that this isn't a proper deduction. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: tax question for accountants
    ... Marc Schneiderman wrote: ... be prepared to defend your logic and also to have the deduction ... I'm already in the midst of the audit and the auditor isn't allowing ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: tax question for accountants
    ... Tom S. wrote: ... Marc Schneiderman wrote: ... Like the auditor gives a shit? ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: tax question for accountants
    ... One of your options is "well, Mr. Auditor, that's all very nice that you ... think that, but I think you're wrong, and I'm taking the deduction." ... we're not going to allow it and you owe us another ... Yes, the IRS has that last word (and many of the first, second and middle ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Freedom of Speech
    ... Wikipedia scrubs Obama eligibility ... but I also know that much of what is posted on the site often is opinion. ... As for the Ayers relationship, I think it's certainly relevant, but I can't answer to the omission, except maybe an over-zealous auditor. ... In other words, you have no quote, and were talking out your ass. ...
    (rec.scuba)