Re: Incendiary

"Miss Elaine Eos" <Misc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Misc-BDC6B9.07302525032008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In article <tfidnQ34jdGMmnTanZ2dnUVZ_oimnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Trogdor" <tdeto@ nospamcomcast.net> wrote:

> That's why they invented that slippery term, "Weapons of Mass
> Destruction". It means something, but it doesn't mean anything
> *specific*, which give them wiggle room.

sorry but it does
A weapon of mass destruction (WMD) is a weapon which can kill large numbers
of humans and/or cause great damage to man-made structures (e.g. buildings),
natural structures (e.g. mountains) or the biosphere in general. The term
covers several weapon types, including nuclear, biological, chemical (NBC)
and, increasingly, radiological weapons.

So, like, a deisel/fertalizer bomb would count?
yes
ask tim mcvey
Or an airplane?
yes

How many is "a large number of" humans?
100+
Does a .45 count, if I bring
enough clips?
no
Or do I have to kill them all in one go?
yes
Is there a time
limit on these things?
yes
Even nuclear bomb doesn't kill its masses at the
same instant.
collateral damage

What about 2nd hand smoke, or CO2 emmissions from my car,
which kill millions, but slowly -- does that count?

no - thats an illness

If a tree falls in a forest, lands in a building and squishes it, is it
a WMD? What if there were "a large number of" people inside, at the
time?

act of god

Misc "sounds slippery to me..."

--
Please take off your pants or I won't read your e-mail.
I will not, no matter how "good" the deal, patronise any business which sends

  • Re: New TV - Samsung or Panasonic?
    ... The phrase "Weapon 0f Mass ... Destruction" is defined in the relevant federal law. ... any destructive device as defined in section 921 of this title; ... missile having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: what a tolerant and peaceful faith.
    ... and indiscriminate destruction or death. ... It applies to any weapon that results in widespread and indiscriminate ... I never suggested that a weapon of mass destruction has to ... in great quantity in Iraq, are much deadlier and more destructive. ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: WMD devaluation
    ... § 2332a. ... Use of weapons of mass destruction ... any weapon involving a biological agent, toxin, or vector (as ... rocket having a propellant charge of more than four ounces, ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: "The Execution Channel" by Ken MacLeod
    ... use it *can't not* cause massive destruction. ... However the edge could be blurry for some types of weapon. ... there is a design for a gigaton-scale nuke in some secure archive ... Tsar bomba was 50 megatons, but it was scaled down from original ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Talos - CDiv
    ... He's the FR god of storms and natural disasters, ... domains are Chaos, Evil, Destruction, Storm and ... ... His favorite weapon is, obviously, a lightning bolt (spear, ... >>From among the PHB deities, the closest match would be a destructive ...
    (rec.games.frp.dnd)