"Mickey" <Mickey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1s9bu357obdmu0at6h3o11irs4o9vl2pp0@xxxxxxxxxx
"Paul M. Cook" <pmcook@xxxxxxx> wrote:

"Tom S." <t.m.s.work@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ysgFj.41860$f8.37626@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"jeremy" <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:jcgFj.28665$R84.4041@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tom S. wrote:

Well, you're pretty quick with a context-less response, I figured you
knew how it worked.
Sorry to have upset you, it was not my intent.

It's not quite a simple as you describe.

The latest from the Whitehouse is that all the hard drives from
2003-2005 have been destroyed, so that none of the emails are
available
to the investigators. So much for the Presidential Records Act.

Cite?
Justice Dept. and the Whitehouse, try listening to the news.

Specifics?

I "listen to the news" in the same way I listen to raging psychotics.

It's been all over the news all of last week and before that. The WH
claims
all tapes made between 2003 and 2005 were "recycled." And in fact a judge
on Thursday ordered the WH to show cause as to why they won't release the
remaining tapes for forensic evaluation. Even though the tapes were
"overwritten" they can still be recovered. The WH has refused the judges
order. Also in the news.

Paul

Tapes, or hard drives?

Tapes. The law requires all email messages to be permanently archived.
They had a system in place put there by Clinton which worked, they trashed
it. Then to cover their tracks they used RNC email servers which is also
forbidden by law.

Magnetic tapes are like any magnetic media and can be recovered even if
overwritten given the proper forensic tools which the FBI just happens to
have.

  • Re: 40,000 hours of TV recordings getting digitized
    ... From 1977 to 2012, she recorded 140,000 VHS tapes worth of history. ... It's 35 years of history through the lens of TV news, ... She began casually recording television in 1977. ... Stokes’s extremely time-consuming and expensive passion for archiving could seem eccentric. ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: Incendiary
    ... it was not my intent. ... try listening to the news. ... I "listen to the news" in the same way I listen to raging psychotics. ... remaining tapes for forensic evaluation. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: nbc- No WMDS ?
    ... warned the United States it could be hit by a terrorist attack, ABC ... citing 12 hours of tapes the network obtained ... "World News Tonight." ...
    (rec.music.artists.springsteen)
  • Re: KROQ tapes
    ... I don't care how the haters try to spin this news, ... the tapes will be ... sounds I'll be hearing will be sweet, sweet laughter. ... haters. ...
    (alt.fan.howard-stern)