Re: How far down do you smoke

On Mar 4, 6:15 am, Jake <J...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This has probably come up before but I'm still somewhat new and haven't
seen the answer on here, so I was wondering ... how far down most people
smoke their cigars?

I enjoy how the flavor changes and I smoke them down pretty far.
Sometimes I take off the labels and smoke them to almost an inch or an
inch and a half.

Is this normal?

Would this be considered a faux pas in a public setting?  Or acceptable?

Thx,  J

Like most have said, you smoke it until you no longer enjoy it in
private. Smoking a cigar to the nub in public is poor form as is
leaving the band on in my opinion. Never stop at just an inch as many/
most cigars will improve toward the mid range. Even a cigar that draws
poorly or burns uneven at the start may improve if given a chance.

  • Re: How far down do you smoke
    ... I enjoy how the flavor changes and I smoke them down pretty far. ... inch and a half. ... Some cigars just get nasty when you get near the nub, ... All that Mickey said. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Nica Libre torpedo
    ... these cigars bear more than passing resemblance to Padron ... Settled in quickly to a mellow leather and nuts groove. ... Kind of dry mouthfeel to the smoke. ... LOTS of pepper. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Is this sampler selection any good?
    ... Rule #1: cigars are not cigarettes. ... decent cigar than to smoke ten nasty ones. ... > humidor for Christmas - that's when I started lurking ... so far I have smoked - of the sampler - one Hoyo and one RyJ. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Houston Smoke&Powder Crawl XI
    ... I gave up on trying to smoke all of the Crawl cigars ... Bill; a way of thanking pAUL and evening the karma. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Houston Smoke&Powder Crawl IX
    ... cigars away until we left for Paul's. ... steel plates for a few practice shots before the shoot-out. ... We had great expectations since Doug had put down 60 at the last Crawl, ... full-bodied smoke. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)