Re: Remember when?

On Feb 28, 9:53 am, Mickey <Mic...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Of course the trolls will take credit for this, but it's more than
some juvenile trolling. Something else has killed the spirit of ASC.
The lights are off, the ashtrays are cold.

There is WAY LESS talk about cigars now, compared to when I first
arrived in the May of '99.

I sampled many a box of smokes because of a group of good reviews and
hearty recommendations from long-time smokers here, and kept coming
back for more. reviews and cigar talk

At that time JtN was the main annoyance.

Then things seemed to be getting more politically oriented (Kook,
Ivler). I found them both more irritating than JtN. And the endless
threads both of those got involved in bored the crap out of me. Kook
hasn't changed... Ivler dropped out when his last political candidate
went down in flames... but has recently reappeared to sell something,
whatever it is.

The past few years... IF there is cigar talk, it seems as if the
accepted review template has become "first third, second third, final
third" (even Mickey has fallen prey to that) and it became a
requirement to talk about berries, fruits, various leathers and woods
in the review. So basic reviews and "I really like these because they
remind me of..." started to disappear.

I think ALL of those factors have contributed to the downfall.

  • Re: TTT Trinidad
    ... The overall construction of this cigar, ... Wrapper - 4 year old Cameroon seed grown in Sumatra. ... I have also noticed a couple of reviews and or descriptions by ... It looked and felt like the wrapper the manufacturer ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: TTT Trinidad
    ... The overall construction of this cigar, ... Wrapper - 4 year old Cameroon seed grown in Sumatra. ... I have also noticed a couple of reviews and or descriptions by ... But the cigar I smoked appeared far too dark to have ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • The Cats Away Contest: Day 1
    ... I've done him the favor of going to our local tobacconist's shop and purchasing cigar stuff on Craig's credit card. ... So, if you'd like to receive 2 cigars to taste test (I'm removing the bands for fairness) and you MUST write reviews for on ASC, then in EXACTLY 100 words write something amusing and post it here before 10 pm tonight. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Demonick...need addy please
    ... >> I have been informed that more folks like your reviews than anybody ... >> opportunity on that thread to guess the cigar. ... >Thank the Lord for accidents! ... This way we can get two reviews. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Remember when?
    ... Something else has killed the spirit of ASC. ... reviews and cigar talk ... Then things seemed to be getting more politically oriented (Kook, ... IF there is cigar talk, ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)