Re: Where to smoke in LA and Seattle

Ken Dixon <nsvmiami@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

MLF wrote:
"Russ" <nj24jfx@xxxxxxx> wrote
Anyone know a nice relaxing cigar lounge (store with a leather sofa
and place to watch football or baseball would be great) in either
Seattle or LA?

Indoor smoking is pretty much illegal in Washington state and California. It
is also illegal there near door and in most outdoor food and entertainment
venues.

If you enjoy cigars and liberty, don't go there. They hate you.

Michael
New Orleans, Louisiana USA

It won't be long before this is the standard for the industrialized
world. We smokers of tobacco are the only minority in the country you
can legally discriminate against.
You can be denied employment, insurance, even housing for using tobacco.
When I go out in public with pipe in hand I'm sometimes reminded of the
looks I used to get traveling in the south, the only white boy in a
black band.
Ain't life grand.

Ken in Miami

Isn't this supposed to be why we are Constitutional Republic, and not
a Democracy? Democracy is mob rule, whereas in a Republic, the
minority is SUPPOSED to be protected from the whims of the majority? I
don't feel very protected at the moment.

  • Re: Where to smoke in LA and Seattle
    ... Indoor smoking is pretty much illegal in Washington state and California. ... You can be denied employment, insurance, even housing for using tobacco. ... Democracy is mob rule, whereas in a Republic, the ... minority is SUPPOSED to be protected from the whims of the majority? ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Where to smoke in LA and Seattle
    ... Indoor smoking is pretty much illegal in Washington state and California. ... You can be denied employment, insurance, even housing for using tobacco. ... Democracy is mob rule, whereas in a Republic, the ... minority is SUPPOSED to be protected from the whims of the majority? ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Friday morning pipe
    ... Ken Dixon wrote: ... Heard the Surgeon General last night state that even a whiff of ... future tobacco possession is criminalized and so regulated you won't be ... Don't forget in North Dakota ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Two days to SCHIP reauthorization. The bill will be in the Lincoln bible between First and Secon
    ... Ken Dixon wrote: ... smoker but my friends that smoke cigarettes mostly buy overseas and ... from Indian reservations so this won't affect them. ... They'll tax tobacco until it goes the way of the dodo because they know ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: The camels nose is officially in the tent
    ... Ken Dixon wrote: ... quality blends have no chemical additives like PG or chemicals to ... If really curious about pipe tobacco a couple of good starting points are ... Lots of good cigar info, the ASC Birthday page, FAQs, vendors and more at ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)