Re: Ring guage vs flavor

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 13:07:05 -0500, Will
<NOm0rl0ckSPAM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So what do you all think as far as the relationship between ring guage
and flavor? The La Mancha by the way didn't really do it for me, a
little bland.

Will

The larger ring gauges have, in general, more full flavors because of
the different types of tobacco they can stuff into the cigar. Diamond
Crown, many robustos, are some examples.

The smaller ring gauge cigars can burn a bit hotter and are packed
with stronger tobaccos (in some cigars) and can be very strong. Monte
4, Bolivar corona chica, Party short are examples of powerhouse
strengths in small packages.

  • Houston Smoke&Powder Crawl XIII End
    ... they were in praising the cigars. ... to filter over to Fox and Hound. ... started with a first puff absolutely cram packed with flavor. ... buttery quality of a really good, rich chocolate. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Review: Partagas Cifuente Septiembre
    ... Flavor Strength:Medium-Full ... balanced smooth medium-full bodied cigars! ... the legendary makers of Partagas in Cuba. ... Sweet on the lips with a sweet burnt apple pie crust draw - ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Personal taste
    ... cigar as I recall, tons of flavor. ... The Para Los Ninos was an ASC ... You are ready for Cuban cigars now, and not just for the halibut. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Who Is The "Newest" Newbie?
    ... cigars I've found to date are Puros Indios Seconds, ... hoping that the added ring guage would add to the complexity of the flavor. ... purchases have been these cigar seconds at $35 per bundle of 20, ... I also purchased a couple of bundles of 50 Dominican Factory Corojos at $59 ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Personal taste
    ... the Esperanza ("para los ninos"), ... cigar as I recall, tons of flavor. ... You are ready for Cuban cigars now, and not just for the halibut. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)