Re: How many use cigar holders?

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 15:16:26 -0600, "btorvik2" <btorvik2@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

Miss Elaine Eos wrote:
In article <13ph9s1c797iea9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Tim J." <NOkpos3wtSPAM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Robert typed:
Just curious as to how many actually have and use cigar holders? If
so, what are they made of? Amber? Briar? Meerschaum? Tortoise?
Ivory? Bamboo?

I'll take the high road and assume this isn't a troll, but. . .
you're kidding, right?

I occasionally use a cedar toothpick or bamboo skewer to hold the end
of a cigar I want to nub.

I use a "corn on the cob" holder.

I've never used one of those "cigar clip" things that they sell to
attach your cigar to a golf-cart or whatever, although I've wanted one
now & again, on rare occasion. (Umbrella, when I need to switch
hands, motorcycle, etc.)

They work pretty good for cigar smoking while golfing.

bernie

I keep one in "Truckzilla", my F350 crew cab, diesel, dually, farm
truck. When the weather is nasty I clip the cigar to my console
instead of wedging it in my outside rear view mirror. I sell 'em for
$10 and usually have 1 or 2 in stock. They don't sell quickly but
they pay for their spot on the shelf.

Wingman

"When you find yourself in command, take charge. When faced with a decision, do what is right. Nothing else matters." - Gen. H. Norman Schwarzkopf

  • Re: How many use cigar holders?
    ... I occasionally use a cedar toothpick or bamboo skewer to hold the end of ... I've never used one of those "cigar clip" things that they sell to ... now & again, on rare occasion. ... unsolicited commercial e-mail or that advertises in discussion newsgroups. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: It must feel GOOD, "even" for Bob :-)
    ... timing, need, etc.all of which can change at a given moment. ... Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. ... But we have to remember he's saying all this stuff to provoke ... I'm not sure Madonna DOES sell more records than Beethoven. ...
    (rec.music.dylan)
  • Re: Yet another special occasion.....
    ... we drove down from Madison and were there for a nice visit by ... cognac with a "special occasion" Cohiba Esplendido. ... I have four kiddos as well all boys...ages range from 31-42. ... Three of them will smoke a cigar occasionally. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: How many use cigar holders?
    ... I occasionally use a cedar toothpick or bamboo skewer to hold the end ... I've never used one of those "cigar clip" things that they sell to ... now & again, on rare occasion. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Steelers Win the Super Bowl!!!!
    ... Close but no cigar. ... I celebrated with a Cohiba Esplendido...special occasion you know. ... Great game though!! ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)