Re: Healthcare in Canada

On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 08:51:29 -0600, "MLF" <fermanis@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Privately-purchased health insurance is
only for the self-employed or the wealthy - I know because I've had to buy
it.

Correct in most cases. However I do recommend these high deductible
plans ($10-20,000) which care more reasonable (usually about
$150-200/month.) They cover you for the terrible hit (surgery) but
you still have to pay for routine services.

If the high deductible user can put an extra $100-200/month away in a
separate bank account (and not touch it) after several years without a
big health hit you can have enough saved to cover the deductible if a
crisis develops (i.e., surgery.)

  • Re: How do you select an eye surgeon for cataract surgery?
    ... the patient who choses NOT to have cataract surgery in most cases. ... In a real sense, every surgery is elective. ... strongly recommend against not having those treated. ... "elective" aspect is how much vision loss is tolerable to the patient. ...
    (sci.med.vision)
  • Re: How do you select an eye surgeon for cataract surgery?
    ... you would be on stronger legal grounds recommending cataract ... patient whom you "non-recommended" having LASIK and the patient didn't ... the patient who choses NOT to have cataract surgery in most cases. ... strongly recommend against not having those treated. ...
    (sci.med.vision)
  • Re: How do you select an eye surgeon for cataract surgery?
    ... cataract ultimately causes visual morbidity. ... and some patients do not outlive their cataracts. ... detailed history and think I would "recommend" person A get cataract ... surgery and patient B shouldn't. ...
    (sci.med.vision)
  • Re: discectomy
    ... If you have the option of a "micro-discectomy" I highly recommend it. ... surgeon. ... A regular discectomy is major surgery. ... travel to find an expert in the micro kind, ...
    (rec.windsurfing)
  • Re: OT - Uninteresting, MRI image
    ... Surgeons never recommend anything other than surgery, why would they, ... If I didn't have insurance my shots would have ... cost $900, but I did have insurance so my co-pay amounted to less then ...
    (rec.food.cooking)