Re: Healthcare in Canada

On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 08:51:29 -0600, "MLF" <fermanis@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Privately-purchased health insurance is
only for the self-employed or the wealthy - I know because I've had to buy
it.

Correct in most cases. However I do recommend these high deductible
plans ($10-20,000) which care more reasonable (usually about
$150-200/month.) They cover you for the terrible hit (surgery) but
you still have to pay for routine services.

If the high deductible user can put an extra $100-200/month away in a
separate bank account (and not touch it) after several years without a
big health hit you can have enough saved to cover the deductible if a
crisis develops (i.e., surgery.)