Re: Healthcare in Canada

"Paul M. Cook" <pmBERMUDA_SHORTScook@xxxxxxx> wrote in
9Pyej.7645$4m5.4579@trnddc02:">news:9Pyej.7645$4m5.4579@trnddc02:

"Bart Goddard" <goddardbe@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Xns9A18A191730B8goddardbenetscapenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Paul M. Cook" <pmBERMUDA_SHORTScook@xxxxxxx> wrote in
1myej.7640$4m5.843@trnddc02:">news:1myej.7640$4m5.843@trnddc02:

The point is it can be done. If this country wanted it, it would
happen.

Then since it hasn't happened, that means the country doesn't want
it. So now the question is: Why should we force someting on
the country when the country doesn't want it?

The country does indeed want it.

You say, in stark contrast to your immediate and very
subjunctive "If the country wanted it, it _would_ happen."
Odd.

Business wants it to - even the CEO
of Ford specifically stated this.

Gee, the CEO of a huge corporation is FOR not having
to provide health benefits to his employees. There's
a ringing endorsement. Do you suppose he is for or
against lowering minimum wage?

The vast majority of voters want
some form of single payer health care available to all.

Another ringing endorsement. These are the same people
who, given a choice of beer, choose budmilloors, and given
a choice of smoke, choose cigarettes, and given a choice
of entertainment, choose American Idol and Cops.

Let's poll them and see if there is a "vast majority"
who think the government should provide gasoline for free.

So why don't
we have it? Because special interests control the issue,

Special interests get their power from the same place as
Anheiser-Busch. You say the country wants it, but the
country keeps buying Bud and keeps letting special interests
sway it (their opinion, not the beer.)

You're herding cats (or proposing to.)

B.

--
Cheerfully resisting change since 1959.

  • Re: For Our Soldiers_Only Takes a Few Seconds
    ... I'd expect that from a country that is SO ... supposed to drink a beer with no yeast in it? ... 750ml bottle of ice cold Tui for you....... ... religion that has any rational basis. ...
    (rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Whats Good for Beer Is Good for the Country
    ... Whats Good for Beer Is Good for the Country ... In fact, a 2006 survey of alcohol consumption among some 4,500 Scottish ... percent after the economy went into a tailspin in 1992. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Trip Ideas?
    ... For the rest of us Aussies, ... tips in most areas (except them high falutin' ones, ... Accept that we think Australia is the best country in the world, ... buys you a beer and drinks their beer with you, ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: upcoming Denmark trip
    ... Traditional Danish food is okay I guess, ... There are McD's all over the country!!! ... Beer is relatively expensive these days, especially if you buy it at ...
    (rec.equestrian)
  • Road Trip Deluxe, par deux
    ... morning country breakfast at a place that had their little country girl ... Waitress sucked, big time, but we soldiered on. ... Once again, cold beer, ...
    (rec.motorcycles.harley)