Re: Healthcare in Canada

"Bart Goddard" <goddardbe@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Xns9A1878501A12Dgoddardbenetscapenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Paul M. Cook" <pmBERMUDA_SHORTScook@xxxxxxx> wrote in
Vqgej.44062$NL5.3837@trnddc05:">news:Vqgej.44062$NL5.3837@trnddc05:

India does it - they have a billion people and a huge percentage of
them are poor.

Would very many US citizens (rich, entitled slobs that we are) be
satisfied with the level of care in India? And if that's what the
government offered, wouldn't almost everyone in the US start paying
out-of-pocket for "supplemental" health care anyway, which would,
again, make health insurance a major perk that an employer could
offer, which in turn merely reconstructs the system we have.

The point is it can be done. If this country wanted it, it would happen.
We already have a very efficient model on which we could build a truly great
system. It's called Medicare.