Re: OT:Way to go Al

FakeNameTony wrote:

Paul M. Cook wrote:

Al Gore has won the most prestigious award in the world. And I don't mean
the Emmy. I think a round of applause from ASC is in order. I will be the
first to say, congratulations Al. And if he were here I know what he'd say.
"gee, thanks." OK, so let's all smoke one for the next president of the US,
who also happens to be the former one. Afterwards, let's all take up a
collection for Mickey to repair his teeth which are grinding into dust as I
type this.

I'll smoke one...for the loss of any respect I had left for the prize committee.

I'm still trying to figure out what this all has to do with peace.
According to the http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/
"In addition to humanitarian efforts and peace movements, the Nobel Peace Prize has been awarded for work in a wide range of fields including advocacy of human rights, mediation of international conflicts, and arms control".
I understand when Sadat, Tutu and Carter won, they actually worked on conflict resolution, but what does cranking out a mocumentary on a scientific subject whose validity is still being debated have to do with the Nobel Peace Prize?

  • Re: I hate to say it but....
    ... :Congratulations USA! ... :Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize in record time. ... they are betting on Obama being successful in his aspirations. ... Lies and rightards, rightards and lies..... ...
    (soc.culture.scottish)
  • Re: Why hasnt Peaceful Rise China congratulated Barack Obama on Nobel Peace Prize?
    ... Yes they have a habit of not responding to Nobel Peace Prizes. ... They offer congratulations when they want to do so: ... China congratulates IAEA, its chief on winning Nobel peace prize ...
    (soc.culture.china)
  • Re: I hate to say it but....
    ... :Congratulations USA! ... :Roosevelt, Wilson, Arafat and Annan. ... Based on TWO WHOLE WEEKS as President. ... just how little the Nobel Peace Prize has come to mean. ...
    (soc.culture.scottish)
  • Re: I hate to say it but....
    ... :Congratulations USA! ... :Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize in record time. ... Based on TWO WHOLE WEEKS as President. ... how little the Nobel Peace Prize has come to mean. ...
    (soc.culture.scottish)